• Last Logged In: 13 Apr 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • beansoup
    need a small bluetooth module!
    Hey people of linux, I am making a computer inside a cd box, and i need a bluetooth module to connect my keyboard to it, please help
    Link to this post 14 Dec 10

Hey people of linux, I am making a computer inside a cd box, and i need a bluetooth module to connect my keyboard to it, please help

• beansoup
    need a 17cm * 13.5 cm ssd (any size acceptable)
    Hi, people of linux, this one may be a bit hard, i need a small (dimensions in title) solid state hard drive (any capacity acceptable) for a cd box computer project im working on. please help! thanks in advance!:laugh:

Hi, people of linux, this one may be a bit hard, i need a small (dimensions in title) solid state hard drive (any capacity acceptable) for a cd box computer project im working on. please help! thanks in advance!:laugh:

• beansoup
    17cm * 13.5cm monitor for a computer
    Hi, people of linux, I'm making a computer inside of a cd case and I was wondering if any of you guys would know a good quality 17cm long by 13.5 cm wide monitor, anything smaller would do as well though and it cant be more than 2 cm deep... thanks for all those who can find what im looking for!:lol:

Hi, people of linux, I'm making a computer inside of a cd case and I was wondering if any of you guys would know a good quality 17cm long by 13.5 cm wide monitor, anything smaller would do as well though and it cant be more than 2 cm deep... thanks for all those who can find what im looking for!:lol:

• beansoup
    RE: How do install Linux after i have downloaded it
    if you already have the ISO burned to your CD, verify it to make sure it is an exact, bit by bit copy of the original file. then insert the cd (or live USB) into your computer and turn it off. restart the computer, and when it starts booting up, press the button (specified on the screen) that says either "interupt boot" or "change boot settings", and change the boot device to your CD/USB. Once the CD boots, follow the onscreen directions to set up your distro of linux Happy Hacking, Payton [img size=0-15000][/img]
    Link to this post 28 Oct 10

if you already have the ISO burned to your CD, verify it to make sure it is an exact, bit by bit copy of the original file. then insert the cd (or live USB) into your computer and turn it off. restart the computer, and when it starts booting up, press the button (specified on the screen) that says either "interupt boot" or "change boot settings", and change the boot device to your CD/USB.

Once the CD boots, follow the onscreen directions to set up your distro of linux

Happy Hacking,
    Payton

• beansoup
    RE: Why games of Linux runs slower than Windows
    mfillpot is correct, after i put ubuntu on my HP Mini, i was able to run more things at once, and faster too. Truth is, linux has beter mem. handling and uses less resources. happy hacking, Payton [img size=150][/img]
    Link to this post 28 Oct 10

mfillpot is correct, after i put ubuntu on my HP Mini, i was able to run more things at once, and faster too. Truth is, linux has beter mem. handling and uses less resources.

happy hacking,
    Payton

• beansoup
    RE: no internet on ubuntu 10.04
    internet is working now... idk why tho all i did is download wicd
    Link to this post 09 Sep 10

internet is working now... idk why tho all i did is download wicd

• beansoup
    RE: no internet on ubuntu 10.04
    ya sorry about that, just trying to cover all of the bases. and dont worry about it, for some reason, when i installed wicd for my wifi replacement, and rebooted, it started connecting perfectly!!! thanks mfillpot for posting on another thread about it. and sorry to easy for double posting
    Link to this post 08 Sep 10

ya sorry about that, just trying to cover all of the bases. and dont worry about it, for some reason, when i installed wicd for my wifi replacement, and rebooted, it started connecting perfectly!!! thanks mfillpot for posting on another thread about it. and sorry to easy for double posting

• beansoup
    no internet on ubuntu 10.04
    [b][/b]hello, for a while, i have been using the jaunty distro of ubuntu... HATED IT. but now i have the lucid distro and it is amazing. except for the fact that i can only connect to the internet with an ethernet cable. Even with every single driver that it gives me with the manager, i cant connect to the internet over wifi!!!! i mean i have it set up perfectly, it even shows me that i am connected to my wireless. if there is any way you could help, please do!!! thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blink:
    Link to this post 07 Sep 10

hello, for a while, i have been using the jaunty distro of ubuntu... HATED IT. but now i have the lucid distro and it is amazing. except for the fact that i can only connect to the internet with an ethernet cable. Even with every single driver that it gives me with the manager, i cant connect to the internet over wifi!!!! i mean i have it set up perfectly, it even shows me that i am connected to my wireless. if there is any way you could help, please do!!! thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blink:

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board