• Last Logged In: 06 Sep 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • alwaysastudent
    RE: Debian installation on cluster
    Thanks for the pointer, do you know of any detailed how tos or documentation that could guide me through the steps ? Thanks again.
    Link to this post 07 Sep 10

Thanks for the pointer, do you know of any detailed how tos or documentation that could guide me through the steps ?

Thanks again.

• alwaysastudent
    Debian installation on cluster
    Hello everyone, I have an old cluster [30 nodes, specs on each node[2GHz processor, 512MB RAM]]. The nodes have Debian 2.0 installed and I want to upgrade all nodes to Debian 5.0 stable version. Is there a painless way to do it other than taking each node out, attaching it to a monitor to it and installing by DVD ? The cluster is used mainly for computation purposes, so we don't need any desktop packages on it, only development libraries and programming languages. Can anybody point me in a helpful direction to proceed. Thanks a lot.
    Link to this post 07 Sep 10

Hello everyone,

I have an old cluster [30 nodes, specs on each node[2GHz processor, 512MB RAM]]. The nodes have Debian 2.0 installed and I want to upgrade all nodes to Debian 5.0 stable version.

Is there a painless way to do it other than taking each node out, attaching it to a monitor to it and installing by DVD ?

The cluster is used mainly for computation purposes, so we don't need any desktop packages on it, only development libraries and programming languages.

Can anybody point me in a helpful direction to proceed.

Thanks a lot.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board