• Last Logged In: 13 Dec 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • CodySmith85
    RE: Any good fps for linux out there?
    I play Nexuiz as well and it is FANTASTIC. However, if you are used to console FPS, your in for a big surprise. Nexuiz is EXTREMELY fast. The best thing about it is it's speed & physics (which is why I will NOT be playing Xonotic). A good way to pick up quickly is to join a server (preferably House of CTF) and "spectate" one of the better players for a little while. This will show you the best way to move around and different tricks. Have fun and don't give up. :) Also, another game (not free) that has a native Linux version is Eschalon (http://basiliskgames.com/). These are slower Diablo-esque games, but are really good and at a decent price. Another good option, especially for old-school gamers is any kind of MUD. I play Ansalon (a Dragonlance MUD) and I really enjoy it. Gnome-Mud is a good program to play these and is in the repositories.
    Link to this post 27 Oct 10

I play Nexuiz as well and it is FANTASTIC. However, if you are used to console FPS, your in for a big surprise. Nexuiz is EXTREMELY fast. The best thing about it is it's speed & physics (which is why I will NOT be playing Xonotic). A good way to pick up quickly is to join a server (preferably House of CTF) and "spectate" one of the better players for a little while. This will show you the best way to move around and different tricks. Have fun and don't give up. :)

Also, another game (not free) that has a native Linux version is Eschalon (http://basiliskgames.com/). These are slower Diablo-esque games, but are really good and at a decent price.

Another good option, especially for old-school gamers is any kind of MUD. I play Ansalon (a Dragonlance MUD) and I really enjoy it. Gnome-Mud is a good program to play these and is in the repositories.

• CodySmith85
    On the licensing of OpenCL
    Is anyone else confused (or concerned) about the licensing of OpenCL. I understand that Apple holds the trademark for it. What does this mean exactly, and what does it entitle them to? Is the trademark just for the name or logo? Would it be allowed into a distribution that includes only free software? The reason I am asking all this is because I am very interested in developing w/ OpenCL, but am concerned about the trademark being owned by Apple, and I have a hunch that I am not the only one. Could someone knowledgeable in these issues clear this up for me. Thanks.
    Link to this post 27 Oct 10

Is anyone else confused (or concerned) about the licensing of OpenCL. I understand that Apple holds the trademark for it. What does this mean exactly, and what does it entitle them to? Is the trademark just for the name or logo? Would it be allowed into a distribution that includes only free software? The reason I am asking all this is because I am very interested in developing w/ OpenCL, but am concerned about the trademark being owned by Apple, and I have a hunch that I am not the only one. Could someone knowledgeable in these issues clear this up for me. Thanks.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board