• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 10 hours ago

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • begueradj
    RE: Remove read only files and directories (Ubuntu)
    [quote="shgurbanov"]yes, search all files with readonly perm, and delete them recursive. find . -type f -perm 0400[/quote] Thank you.
    Link to this post 10 hours ago

shgurbanov said:

yes, search all files with readonly perm, and delete them recursive.

find . -type f -perm 0400

Thank you.

• begueradj
    PAE install trouble to fix RAM size
    I run: sudo apt-get install linux-headers-2.6.38.8-42-generic-pae linux-image-2.6.38.8-42-generic-pae --fix-missing I got these errors: Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-2.6.38-42-generic-pae E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-headers-2.6.38-42-generic-pae' E: Unable to locate package linux-image-2.6.38-42-generic-pae E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-image-2.6.38-42-generic-pae' **How can I install that PAE version ?** When I run `lsb_release -d && dpkg -l|grep linux-image|grep ^ii` I get this: ii linux-image-2.6.38-8-generic 2.6.38-8.42 Linux kernel image for version 2.6.38 on x86/x86_64 ii linux-image-generic 2.6.38.8.22 Generic Linux kernel image Regards from Begueradj
    Link to this post 10 hours ago

I run:

sudo apt-get install linux-headers-2.6.38.8-42-generic-pae linux-image-2.6.38.8-42-generic-pae --fix-missing

I got these errors:

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-2.6.38-42-generic-pae
    E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-headers-2.6.38-42-generic-pae'
    E: Unable to locate package linux-image-2.6.38-42-generic-pae
    E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-image-2.6.38-42-generic-pae'

**How can I install that PAE version ?**

When I run `lsb_release -d && dpkg -l|grep linux-image|grep ^ii`
    I get this:

ii linux-image-2.6.38-8-generic 2.6.38-8.42 Linux kernel image for version 2.6.38 on x86/x86_64
    ii linux-image-generic 2.6.38.8.22 Generic Linux kernel image

Regards from Begueradj

• begueradj
    GPG Encryption (Linux)
    Hello Is it possible to encrypt the entire hard disks using GPG ?
    Link to this post 07 Apr

Hello

Is it possible to encrypt the entire hard disks using GPG ?

• begueradj
    Package's name (Ubuntu)
    Hello On Ubuntu, is package's name the same whatever the version is ?
    Link to this post 04 Apr

Hello

On Ubuntu, is package's name the same whatever the version is ?

• begueradj
    Read Only File System problem
    Howdy, I created a folder and I did: chmod 777 anotherFolder/ I run: sudo mount -o loop folder/isoImage.iso anotherFolder/ The permissions of anotherFolder/ changed to Read Only and I can not chmod it back to 777 with sudo. How can I chmod it to 777 ? It outputs me: Read Only File System. Thank you for any help Begueradj Bill
    Link to this post 01 Apr

Howdy,

I created a folder and I did: chmod 777 anotherFolder/

I run:

sudo mount -o loop folder/isoImage.iso anotherFolder/

The permissions of anotherFolder/ changed to Read Only and I can not chmod it back to 777 with sudo. How can I chmod it to 777 ? It outputs me: Read Only File System.

Thank you for any help
    Begueradj Bill

• begueradj
    How to copy files from VM to host machine ?
    Howdy How can copy a file from my virtual machine to my host machine ? Thank you in advance for any answer. Begueradj
    Link to this post 28 Mar

Howdy

How can copy a file from my virtual machine to my host machine ?

Thank you in advance for any answer.
    Begueradj

• begueradj
    create ISO image with Virtualbox
    Hello is there a way to create an ISO image of my virtual machine directly from Virtualbox on which it is installed ? Regards Begueradj
    Link to this post 28 Mar

Hello

is there a way to create an ISO image of my virtual machine directly from Virtualbox on which it is installed ?

Regards
    Begueradj

• begueradj
    RE: Install Synaptic offline
    [quote="arochester"]http://askubuntu.com/questions/974/how-can-i-install-software-or-packages-without-internet-offline ?[/quote] Hello again, I installed Aptoncd so as to create an ISO image of my system. However, I am running Ubuntu Server: I do not want to use a Desktop environment on it for reasons you know. My question is: how can I create an ISO image of my system now that Aptoncd is installed on my Ubuntu Server ? Regards
    Link to this post 28 Mar

arochester said:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/974/how-can-i-install-software-or-packages-without-internet-offline ?

Hello again,

I installed Aptoncd so as to create an ISO image of my system.
    However, I am running Ubuntu Server: I do not want to use a Desktop environment on it for reasons you know.

My question is: how can I create an ISO image of my system now that Aptoncd is installed on my Ubuntu Server ?

Regards

• begueradj
    How to launch AptonCd on Ubuntu SERVER ?
    Howdy, How can I launch Aptoncd on Ubuntu [color=red]Server[/color] ? I did: sudo aptoncd, but it failed :( Must I install Ubuntu Desktop on my Ubuntu Server to be able to run it ? Regards
    Link to this post 28 Mar

Howdy,

How can I launch Aptoncd on Ubuntu Server ?
    I did: sudo aptoncd, but it failed :(

Must I install Ubuntu Desktop on my Ubuntu Server to be able to run it ?

Regards

• begueradj
    RE: Install Synaptic offline
    [quote="arochester"]http://askubuntu.com/questions/974/how-can-i-install-software-or-packages-without-internet-offline ?[/quote] Thank you so much Arochester. You saved me from lot of troubles :) Thanks a lot.
    Link to this post 27 Mar

arochester said:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/974/how-can-i-install-software-or-packages-without-internet-offline ?

Thank you so much Arochester. You saved me from lot of troubles :)
    Thanks a lot.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board