• Last Logged In: 09 Dec 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • gigin
    RE: rs232 communication speeds over Embedded linux ARM
    Hi, I use a baudrate of 115200 and flow control is none. Once I changed the fifosize of the serial port from inside the driver, I was able to increase the speed a little bit (to 4kbps), but not considerably. woboyle, are you able to do the data transfer at a rate of 115kbps. If so, is your serial port using a DMA to transfer data. ? what is the value for fifosize ? Thanks gigin
    Link to this post 08 Nov 10

Hi,

I use a baudrate of 115200 and flow control is none.

Once I changed the fifosize of the serial port from inside the driver, I was able to increase the speed a little bit (to 4kbps), but not considerably.

woboyle, are you able to do the data transfer at a rate of 115kbps. If so, is your serial port using a DMA to transfer data. ? what is the value for fifosize ?

Thanks
    gigin

• gigin
    rs232 communication speeds over Embedded linux ARM
    Hi , I am using ARM embedded linux 2.6.30 on a samsung s3c2440. When I try to transfer bulk data (eg. a database) over serial port, I am getting speed of around 2-3 kbps. I am using a rs232 interface from my PC to the ARM development kit. The same code on PC to PC transfer gives me speed of 20kbps. Is that the best speed I can get on an embedded platform. Can I do any to improve the performance, like mapping DMA channel for a UART or increasing the fifo size etc. etc. Please help. Thanks
    Link to this post 04 Nov 10

Hi ,

I am using ARM embedded linux 2.6.30 on a samsung s3c2440. When I try to transfer bulk data (eg. a database) over serial port, I am getting speed of around 2-3 kbps. I am using a rs232 interface from my PC to the ARM development kit. The same code on PC to PC transfer gives me speed of 20kbps.

Is that the best speed I can get on an embedded platform. Can I do any to improve the performance, like mapping DMA channel for a UART or increasing the fifo size etc. etc.

Please help.

Thanks

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board