• Last Logged In: 14 Nov 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • DRobertson
    XP to Linux Networking
    New Linux guy here.... I am taking a computer forensics class and one of my assignments is to network a XP pro box to a Linux (Ubuntu) box and image the entire Linux hard drive. Using a ethernet crossover cable, I was able to get the 2 machines to ping back and forth (after some trial and error). I also got the Linux box to see the XP C:\ drive and to access files on the XP box. But…I am still fighting to get the XP box to see anything on the Linux box. Because I’m doing a data forensics exercise, I do not want to download any kind of file sharing software on the Linux box. I know I should be able to do this, but I’ve been fighting with this piece of it for the better part of the evening and I’m to the point of asking for advise. Thanks!
    Link to this post 14 Nov 10

New Linux guy here....

I am taking a computer forensics class and one of my assignments is to network a XP pro box to a Linux (Ubuntu) box and image the entire Linux hard drive.

Using a ethernet crossover cable, I was able to get the 2 machines to ping back and forth (after some trial and error). I also got the Linux box to see the XP C:\ drive and to access files on the XP box. But…I am still fighting to get the XP box to see anything on the Linux box. Because I’m doing a data forensics exercise, I do not want to download any kind of file sharing software on the Linux box. I know I should be able to do this, but I’ve been fighting with this piece of it for the better part of the evening and I’m to the point of asking for advise.

Thanks!

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board