• Last Logged In: 22 Dec 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • ThijsM
    RE: Open ports for ftp, ssh and webserver
    thanks mfillpot it works :) now I can start going through security and naming instead of using the ipaddress. topic can be closed as solved
    Link to this post 21 Dec 10

thanks mfillpot it works :)
    now I can start going through security and naming instead of using the ipaddress.
    topic can be closed as solved

• ThijsM
    RE: Open ports for ftp, ssh and webserver
    Ben: Yes my ports at the router are open and I direct those ports to the ip-address from my web server. csorhand: I have connection from my vm to the internet. I just want people to see the websites I place on my webserver. At this moment I can't ping from another computer to the ipaddress from my web server but the other way around does work. 1) I have a dynamic ip on my laptop 2) firewall on laptop is dissabled and the one from the ubuntu web server aswell (ufw and firestarter) 3) VM Workstation 6.5 - 7.0. The network settings are NAT. mfillpot: all the ports are open on the router. On the local machine (my laptop) how do I open those?
    Link to this post 21 Dec 10

Ben: Yes my ports at the router are open and I direct those ports to the ip-address from my web server.

csorhand: I have connection from my vm to the internet. I just want people to see the websites I place on my webserver. At this moment I can't ping from another computer to the ipaddress from my web server but the other way around does work.
    1) I have a dynamic ip on my laptop
    2) firewall on laptop is dissabled and the one from the ubuntu web server aswell (ufw and firestarter)
    3) VM Workstation 6.5 - 7.0. The network settings are NAT.

mfillpot: all the ports are open on the router. On the local machine (my laptop) how do I open those?

• ThijsM
    Open ports for ftp, ssh and webserver
    Hi I'm looking for the code to open my ports from my ftp, ssh and webserver to the internet. I've tried several things but none of those worked. I'm running my ftp, ssh and webserver on a virtual machine on my laptop. I think the ports are 21 (ftp), 23 (ssh) and 80 (web server) Can someone help me?
    Link to this post 17 Dec 10

Hi

I'm looking for the code to open my ports from my ftp, ssh and webserver to the internet.
    I've tried several things but none of those worked.
    I'm running my ftp, ssh and webserver on a virtual machine on my laptop.
    I think the ports are 21 (ftp), 23 (ssh) and 80 (web server)
    Can someone help me?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board