• Last Logged In: 06 Jan 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • evg2010
    RE: Firewire - How to
    hi, yes all usb devices are recognized. either usb sticks .. and even a usb plantronics headset (with micro) which was more difficult to get if fully recognized. usb mice are working ok .. Thanks
    Link to this post 07 Jan 11

hi,
    yes all usb devices are recognized. either usb sticks .. and even a usb plantronics headset (with micro) which was more difficult to get if fully recognized. usb mice are working ok ..

Thanks

• evg2010
    RE: Firewire - How to
    Hi, My laptop is an old Acer Aspire 3020 with built-in firewire port. I have installed and running Ubuntu Studio 10.10. I also installed jack , ffado-mixer-qt4 - ffado tools - ffado-bus-server - jackd2-firewire libffado2. I have also added this line, RAW 1394, on etc/modules so this should load 1394 in the kernel. Sudo modprobe RAW1394 gives no reply (is this correct) Still my soundcard is not recognized . It's a T.C. Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6 which it's supposed to work under ffado. What else do you need to get me on the right way to configure everything so that I can hear music with this machine? Thanks in advance to all
    Link to this post 06 Jan 11

Hi,
    My laptop is an old Acer Aspire 3020 with built-in firewire port. I have installed and running Ubuntu Studio 10.10. I also installed jack , ffado-mixer-qt4 - ffado tools - ffado-bus-server - jackd2-firewire libffado2.

I have also added this line, RAW 1394, on etc/modules so this should load 1394 in the kernel.
    Sudo modprobe RAW1394 gives no reply (is this correct)

Still my soundcard is not recognized . It's a T.C. Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6 which it's supposed to work under ffado.

What else do you need to get me on the right way to configure everything so that I can hear music with this machine?

Thanks in advance to all

• evg2010
    Firewire - How to
    Can anyone explainme how to configure the firewire port on my ACER laptop so that I can attach my T.C. Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6 and use it to create a DAW with this machine? Thanks in advance
    Link to this post 22 Dec 10

Can anyone explainme how to configure the firewire port on my ACER laptop so that I can attach my T.C. Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6 and use it to create a DAW with this machine?

Thanks in advance

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board