• Last Logged In: 23 Feb 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • rexdino5
    RE: Linux on a USB
    So just to make sure I get this correct, your basically saying that if I did manage to open a OS on the school computer, that I might be violating security rules, and I might get in trouble. Right?
    Link to this post 23 Feb 11

So just to make sure I get this correct, your basically saying that if I did manage to open a OS on the school computer, that I might be violating security rules, and I might get in trouble. Right?

• rexdino5
    RE: Linux on a USB
    Well... can I use Linux right off my USB without affecting the main OS that the host computer has? Or will it even let me is the question. Its a school computer.

Well... can I use Linux right off my USB without affecting the main OS that the host computer has? Or will it even let me is the question. Its a school computer.

• rexdino5
    Linux on a USB
    I've been thinking about getting Linux and using it on a USB but I'm not sure how it will work on a USB as I have never used Linux before. I wanted to get Linux so I could play games on it and not have any of the games interfere with the host computer I'm using. Would it be possible to use a USB that has Linux on a Windows computers? Well, I think that the Linux runs off the USB but I'm not sure. Also if I have a USB with a U3 system is that the same as having a Linux system?

I've been thinking about getting Linux and using it on a USB but I'm not sure how it will work on a USB as I have never used Linux before. I wanted to get Linux so I could play games on it and not have any of the games interfere with the host computer I'm using. Would it be possible to use a USB that has Linux on a Windows computers? Well, I think that the Linux runs off the USB but I'm not sure. Also if I have a USB with a U3 system is that the same as having a Linux system?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board