• Last Logged In: 28 Mar 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • krisnad
    RE: New to Linux. One quick question.
    Thank you Eric. I thought that maybe, after downloading a driver, one had to get onto a command line to activate the driver. I'm encouraged now. Regards, Kris.
    Link to this post 11 Mar 11

Thank you Eric.
    I thought that maybe, after downloading a driver, one had to get onto a command line to activate the driver. I'm encouraged now.

Regards, Kris.

• krisnad
    New to Linux. One quick question.
    Excuse my ignorance people. But I am entirely ignorant when it comes to Linux. I just installed Puppy Linux 5.2 on an old machine. I used the "quickpet" application and hit the "drivers" tab. Then chose the "Click here to test your graphics card" option. I then downloaded and installed the "Xorg_High-1.1-Lucid" package and installed it. The package shows up under "installed packages" in the Puppy Package Manager. My question is: does this mean that the driver is actually running or do I need to do something else to activate the driver? Don't mean to sound stupid, but I am when it comes to Linux. Thanks in advance, Kris.
    Link to this post 11 Mar 11

Excuse my ignorance people. But I am entirely ignorant when it comes to Linux. I just installed Puppy Linux 5.2 on an old machine. I used the "quickpet" application and hit the "drivers" tab. Then chose the "Click here to test your graphics card" option. I then downloaded and installed the "Xorg_High-1.1-Lucid" package and installed it. The package shows up under "installed packages" in the Puppy Package Manager.
    My question is: does this mean that the driver is actually running or do I need to do something else to activate the driver?
    Don't mean to sound stupid, but I am when it comes to Linux.

Thanks in advance, Kris.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board