• Last Logged In: 14 Aug 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • nero
    RE: Lost Internet
    I am aware "wicd' means: "Wireless Interface Connection Daemin". However, I have a "Wired" connection with Linux Mint 11. I want to load wicd and see if I can again go on line. Looking on line, (On another PC), I note "wicd-client-n'" is suggested for use to apply wicd. What is recommended for such a task ?
    Link to this post 15 Aug 11

I am aware "wicd' means: "Wireless Interface Connection Daemin". However, I have a "Wired" connection with Linux Mint 11. I want to load wicd and see if I can again go on line. Looking on line, (On another PC), I note "wicd-client-n'" is suggested for use to apply wicd.
    What is recommended for such a task ?

• nero
    Let me answer your questions as best as I can: 1. Wired Connection 2. Linux Mint 11 3. Yes, all was preceded by "sudo" 4. No. I have not tried removing "network Manager" & installing "wicd". I have no idea what this is.
    Link to this post 12 Aug 11

Let me answer your questions as best as I can:
    1. Wired Connection
    2. Linux Mint 11
    3. Yes, all was preceded by "sudo"
    4. No. I have not tried removing "network Manager" & installing "wicd". I have no idea what this is.

• nero
    Sorry Povol, the Code's made no difference.
    Link to this post 12 Aug 11

Sorry Povol, the Code's made no difference.

• nero
    Results: ifup eth0 [file name=ifup_eth0.jpg size=17391]http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/ifup_eth0.jpg[/file] [img size=476]http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/ifup_eth0.jpg[/img]
    Link to this post 10 Aug 11

Results: ifup eth0 [file name=ifup_eth0.jpg size=17391]http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/ifup_eth0.jpg[/file]

• nero
    Two Files: "ifconfig" & "ifup eth0" [file name=ifconfig.jpg size=61095]http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/ifconfig.jpg[/file] [img size=640]http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/ifconfig.jpg[/img]
    Link to this post 10 Aug 11

Two Files: "ifconfig" & "ifup eth0" [file name=ifconfig.jpg size=61095]http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/ifconfig.jpg[/file]

• nero
    I'm not able to paste the results of "imconfig" ,I took a photo of the results, also not able to attatch it to this post. If you have e-mail, I can send you the photo.
    Link to this post 09 Aug 11

I'm not able to paste the results of "imconfig" ,I took a photo of the results, also not able to attatch it to this post. If you have e-mail, I can send you the photo.

• nero
    I have a "Red" icon on the screen. Left click, "Enable Networking" is checked. then a brief message apperas on the screen: "Network Disconnected-You Are Now Offline". I tried "Network Connections", wired, nothing, DSL, "DSL Connection 4" , (this is the connection at the router) "ADD" "Save", the location of the "RED" icon had a arrow going in a circle showing the system was trying, icon remains "RED". As I stated before, the networking is active and ok on the Windows OS.
    Link to this post 09 Aug 11

I have a "Red" icon on the screen. Left click, "Enable Networking" is checked. then a brief message apperas on the screen: "Network Disconnected-You Are Now Offline". I tried "Network Connections", wired, nothing, DSL, "DSL Connection 4" , (this is the connection at the router) "ADD" "Save", the location of the "RED" icon had a arrow going in a circle showing the system was trying, icon remains "RED".
    As I stated before, the networking is active and ok on the Windows OS.

• nero
    OK, let me relate the sequence of events as best as i can. Trying to establish a "Home Page", yahoo, during the process I deleted the internet connection, the name I did'nt record. However, after this, I could not acess the Forum, or the Internet for tha matter. Trying to establish a connection, "Chromium" simply stated: "Not Available'. If a link is available, I cannot find it. After the problems I had establishing the 'Duel Boot" As you may be refferencing, I certainly don't want to go back through that again. Lew
    Link to this post 08 Aug 11

OK, let me relate the sequence of events as best as i can. Trying to establish a "Home Page", yahoo, during the process I deleted the internet connection, the name I did'nt record. However, after this, I could not acess the Forum, or the Internet for tha matter. Trying to establish a connection, "Chromium" simply stated: "Not Available'. If a link is available, I cannot find it. After the problems I had establishing the 'Duel Boot" As you may be refferencing, I certainly don't want to go back through that again.
    Lew

• nero
    Lost Internet
    Trying to access "Yahoo" on my Duel Boot desktop. Somehow I have deleted the acess to the Internet on Linux. I have Windows XP on one hard drive & Linux Mint on another hard drive, in a "Duel Boot" setup. The internet is OK in Windows, but not Linux. I tried to get "Chromium Web Browser" to access the Internet, no luck. Any suggestions ??
    Link to this post 08 Aug 11

Trying to access "Yahoo" on my Duel Boot desktop. Somehow I have deleted the acess to the Internet on Linux. I have Windows XP on one hard drive & Linux Mint on another hard drive, in a "Duel Boot" setup. The internet is OK in Windows, but not Linux. I tried to get "Chromium Web Browser" to access the Internet, no luck.
    Any suggestions ??

• nero
    RE: Linux & Duel Boot
    Could you be more specific on this issue: "Add a couple of lines to grub". As I said, Im new to this and can use all the help I can get. I am currently redoing the whole process. I had installed XP, then installed Mint, the computer would not boot at all.
    Link to this post 26 Jun 11

Could you be more specific on this issue: "Add a couple of lines to grub". As I said, Im new to this and can use all the help I can get. I am currently redoing the whole process. I had installed XP, then installed Mint, the computer would not boot at all.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board