Posted
  • mclane
    RE: Flow Label support for IPv6 sockets
    So, no one knows?
    Link to this post 26 Apr 11

So, no one knows?

• mclane
    RE: Flow Label support for IPv6 sockets
    So, my question was [b]how[/b] to assign a user-defined flow label for a regular socket?
    Link to this post 21 Apr 11

So, my question was how to assign a user-defined flow label for a regular socket?

• mclane
    Flow Label support for IPv6 sockets
    Hello everyone, I'm currently implementing a traffic generator software which could send IPv6 traffic by employing regular stream/dgram sockets. I'm also interested in assigning a specific flow label value for a stream but I have not been able to find any documentation about how to actually do it. Is it really so that the sin6_flowinfo member is currently unsupported even in latest kernel versions and the flow label can not be manually assigned if regular sockets are used? Of course, if I would use raw sockets I could bypass this problem but they can't be used with TCP. Cheers -J
    Link to this post 21 Apr 11

Hello everyone,

I'm currently implementing a traffic generator software which could send IPv6 traffic by employing regular stream/dgram sockets. I'm also interested in assigning a specific flow label value for a stream but I have not been able to find any documentation about how to actually do it. Is it really so that the sin6_flowinfo member is currently unsupported even in latest kernel versions and the flow label can not be manually assigned if regular sockets are used? Of course, if I would use raw sockets I could bypass this problem but they can't be used with TCP.

Cheers
    -J

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board