• Last Logged In: 26 Jun 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • cogo
    how to record video from Dazzle DVC100
    I am running AVLinux with the Liquorix real time Kernel, and I have tried a few programs to record from my Dazzle DVC100 video interface. guvcview was able to find the video feed by itself, but it can't find the audio. I have tried mplayer from the command line, and while I get it to display video with audio (I haven't tried to make it record yet) it works OK for about 7 minutes before it starts buffer overunning. The PC has an Athlon 3100+ and older GForce video card (I think it's a 5500 or 5800) using the nouveau driver. The script that gets me video + audio, but has buffer overruns is: mplayer tv:// -tv fps=25/1:buffersize=640:driver=v4l2:norm=NTSC:audiorate=44100:immediatemode=0:device=/dev/video0:forceaudio:adevice=/dev/audio1 I found someone had provided a script for someone else, and I modified it to try to find my devices, but I don't understand the meaning of most of these settings, and I don't know what would make things more efficient so I will have enough CPU and hard disk bandwidth. Any ideas?
    Link to this post 24 Apr 11

I am running AVLinux with the Liquorix real time Kernel, and I have tried a few programs to record from my Dazzle DVC100 video interface. guvcview was able to find the video feed by itself, but it can't find the audio. I have tried mplayer from the command line, and while I get it to display video with audio (I haven't tried to make it record yet) it works OK for about 7 minutes before it starts buffer overunning. The PC has an Athlon 3100+ and older GForce video card (I think it's a 5500 or 5800) using the nouveau driver. The script that gets me video + audio, but has buffer overruns is:

mplayer tv:// -tv fps=25/1:buffersize=640:driver=v4l2:norm=NTSC:audiorate=44100:immediatemode=0:device=/dev/video0:forceaudio:adevice=/dev/audio1

I found someone had provided a script for someone else, and I modified it to try to find my devices, but I don't understand the meaning of most of these settings, and I don't know what would make things more efficient so I will have enough CPU and hard disk bandwidth.

Any ideas?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board