• Last Logged In: 01 May 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • miykel
    RE: nVidia Drivers
    G'Day again guys; Well I tried the post in the link provided but no good, after install, I didn't have the nVidia file in Home earlier, I still end at the shell log in ,This is the 4th method I've tried with the same result, this time I got to look at a log which said, 16.313 Failed to initialize nVidia graphics device PCI : 1.0.0 Lower Down 16.313 Screen found but none have a usable configuration Can anyone make head or tail of this please ??? Kind regards
    Link to this post 01 May 11

G'Day again guys; Well I tried the post in the link provided but no good, after install, I didn't have the nVidia file in Home earlier, I still end at the shell log in ,This is the 4th method I've tried with the same result, this time I got to look at a log which said,
    16.313 Failed to initialize nVidia graphics device PCI : 1.0.0
    Lower Down
    16.313 Screen found but none have a usable configuration

Can anyone make head or tail of this please ???
    Kind regards

• miykel
    Now that is a problem, when I entered the whole file name I was told "could not open NVIDIA-Linux-etc"' so now I'm not sure what to do , maybe the files corrupt or something, kind regards Miykel

Now that is a problem, when I entered the whole file name I was told "could not open NVIDIA-Linux-etc"'
    so now I'm not sure what to do , maybe the files corrupt or something,
    kind regards Miykel

• miykel
    G'Day Going easy9; Thanks for the link, all went well until I got to installing the nVidia drivers, then I got a message "could not open nVidia-Linux etc etc. This is the code I in the link #sh NVIDIA-XXXXXX.run I Assumed the X was the rest of the file name so I entered #sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-270.41.06.run Is this correct or should I have just left the xxxxxx ? Kind Regards Miykel

G'Day Going easy9; Thanks for the link, all went well until I got to installing the nVidia drivers, then I got a message "could not open nVidia-Linux etc etc.
    This is the code I in the link
    #sh NVIDIA-XXXXXX.run
    I Assumed the X was the rest of the file name so I entered
    #sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-270.41.06.run
    Is this correct or should I have just left the xxxxxx ?
    Kind Regards Miykel

• miykel
    nVidia Drivers
    G'Day; I have Ubuntu 10.10 installed. My PC = VGA; Gigabyte 1Gb ddr3, GT440 PCU = Intel i5 Quadcore 3.33Ghz MOBO ; Gigabyte H55 Now the problem is that when I try to load the nVidia drivers, through the terminal with; Re: nVidia Drivers sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install -f sudo dpkg --configure -a sudo apt-get install nvidia-current sudo apt-get install nvidia-common sudo apt-get install nvidia-settings reboot (sudo shutdown -r now) or through the Additional Drivers App.' I end up at the shell with no GUI nothing and can't do anything but reboot into W7, delete the partition and reinstall 10.10. I was told, in one forum, to run telinit 3 but when I run that command nothing happens, also to remove the nouveau drivers, but when I run that command it returns "cannot fine nouveau package", Can anyone help please. Kind regards Miykel

G'Day; I have Ubuntu 10.10 installed.
    My PC = VGA; Gigabyte 1Gb ddr3, GT440
    PCU = Intel i5 Quadcore 3.33Ghz
    MOBO ; Gigabyte H55
    Now the problem is that when I try to load the nVidia drivers, through the terminal with;

Re: nVidia Drivers
    sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install -f
    sudo dpkg --configure -a

sudo apt-get install nvidia-current
    sudo apt-get install nvidia-common
    sudo apt-get install nvidia-settings

reboot (sudo shutdown -r now)

or through the Additional Drivers App.'
    I end up at the shell with no GUI nothing and can't do anything but reboot into W7, delete the partition and reinstall 10.10.
    I was told, in one forum, to run telinit 3 but when I run that command nothing happens, also to remove the nouveau drivers, but when I run that command it returns "cannot fine nouveau package",
    Can anyone help please.
    Kind regards Miykel

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board