• Last Logged In: 24 Jun 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Theatre
    Fetchmail problem. Keeps downloading the same mail
    Im having a problem with my Fetchmail. When i run the program it keeps fetching the same mail everytime. My fetchmailrc looks like this: ------------------------------------------------------------------ #set daemon 600 #set logfile /home/username/fetchmail.log poll "mail.server.com" protocol POP3 user "NAME" pass "PASSWORD" is "USERNAME" here # ssl # fetchall keep # no rewrite mda "/usr/bin/procmail -f %F -d %T" ------------------------------------------------------------------ I know if im not using keep it will work but i want to use it, it must be a way so fetchmail knows which mail it already has been fetching?
    Link to this post 24 Jun 11

Im having a problem with my Fetchmail.

When i run the program it keeps fetching the same mail everytime.

My fetchmailrc looks like this:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    #set daemon 600
    #set logfile /home/username/fetchmail.log

poll "mail.server.com" protocol POP3
    user "NAME" pass "PASSWORD" is "USERNAME" here
    # ssl
    # fetchall
    keep
    # no rewrite
    mda "/usr/bin/procmail -f %F -d %T"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

I know if im not using keep it will work but i want to use it, it must be a way so fetchmail knows which mail it already has been fetching?

• Theatre
    RE: How to make SUBdirectories in Dovecot...
    [b]marc wrote:[/b] [quote][b]Theatre wrote:[/b] [quote][quote] Have you tried with another client as we suggested? Have you tried creating a subfolder whithin that directory you created? Maybe Outlook needs a special way of configuring the folders ("/" instead of "."). Check http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailLocation/Maildir Regards[/quote] I have tried with another client, but its the same result. i cant create a folder because all mail is stored in 1 file... not in folders. i think the problem is because of that. But im rather a newbie so i dont know that much of how it works...[/quote] Are you using mbox or maildir format? EDIT: stupid question, forget about it.[/quote] Dunno :) I haven't change anything in the /etc/dovecot.conf it just worked... :) Im using fetchmail to fetch the mail and it stores the mail in /var/spool/mail/"username" EDIT: mail_location = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u <- that's the conf im using...
    Link to this post 20 Jun 11

marc wrote:

[b]Theatre wrote:[/b]
    [quote][quote]

Have you tried with another client as we suggested?

Have you tried creating a subfolder whithin that directory you created?

Maybe Outlook needs a special way of configuring the folders ("/" instead of "."). Check http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailLocation/Maildir

Regards

I have tried with another client, but its the same result.

i cant create a folder because all mail is stored in 1 file... not in folders.
    i think the problem is because of that.

But im rather a newbie so i dont know that much of how it works...[/quote]

Are you using mbox or maildir format?

EDIT: stupid question, forget about it.[/quote]

Dunno :)

I haven't change anything in the /etc/dovecot.conf
    it just worked... :)

Im using fetchmail to fetch the mail and it stores the mail in /var/spool/mail/"username"

EDIT: mail_location = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u <- that's the conf im using...

• Theatre
    [quote] Have you tried with another client as we suggested? Have you tried creating a subfolder whithin that directory you created? Maybe Outlook needs a special way of configuring the folders ("/" instead of "."). Check http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailLocation/Maildir Regards[/quote] I have tried with another client, but its the same result. i cant create a folder because all mail is stored in 1 file... not in folders. i think the problem is because of that. But im rather a newbie so i dont know that much of how it works...
    Link to this post 20 Jun 11

Have you tried with another client as we suggested?

Have you tried creating a subfolder whithin that directory you created?

Maybe Outlook needs a special way of configuring the folders ("/" instead of "."). Check http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailLocation/Maildir

Regards

I have tried with another client, but its the same result.

i cant create a folder because all mail is stored in 1 file... not in folders.
    i think the problem is because of that.

But im rather a newbie so i dont know that much of how it works...

• Theatre
    Thanks for your answers guys! Its true, i can connect to the server and it works fine... Its just when i try to create a subfolder under INBOX that the server rejects. I can create a folder in the root.. but when i tried to create a sub folder in THAT folder it rejects again... Anyone who knows what to do?
    Link to this post 19 Jun 11

Thanks for your answers guys!

Its true, i can connect to the server and it works fine... Its just when i try to create a subfolder under INBOX that the server rejects. I can create a folder in the root.. but when i tried to create a sub folder in THAT folder it rejects again...

Anyone who knows what to do?

• Theatre
    How to make SUBdirectories in Dovecot...
    Hi! I wonder how i can get subdirectories (.INBOX/***/*** etc...) in dovecot... I just stardet a mail server and when i tried to create it from the mail client (MS Outlook) it says that the server wont allow it... Anyone who knows a solution?
    Link to this post 14 Jun 11

Hi!

I wonder how i can get subdirectories (.INBOX/***/*** etc...) in dovecot...
    I just stardet a mail server and when i tried to create it from the mail client (MS Outlook) it says that the server wont allow it...

Anyone who knows a solution?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board