• Last Logged In: 30 Jan

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Richard Sims
    RE: Installing Ubuntu 12.04 with Windows installer
    It is great for beginners, however the problem with it is if windows crashes so do ubuntu, instead with a real dual boot system they are completely seperate. So dual boot is still the best way to go, for stability if nothing else.
    Link to this post 04 Jan 13

It is great for beginners, however the problem with it is if windows crashes so do ubuntu, instead with a real dual boot system they are completely seperate.

So dual boot is still the best way to go, for stability if nothing else.

• Richard Sims
    RE: Trying to decide. Need more information.
    Your best bet is a dual boot system with both Linux and Windows for games. Steam is currently running closed beta for Linux, however it's not done and will probably be a while. Right now a dual boot system with both full blown linux and windows is the best bet for gamers.
    Link to this post 11 Dec 12

Your best bet is a dual boot system with both Linux and Windows for games. Steam is currently running closed beta for Linux, however it's not done and will probably be a while. Right now a dual boot system with both full blown linux and windows is the best bet for gamers.

• Richard Sims
    North side bus cooling? (North bridge cooling)
    Hey guys, I recently upgraded my motherboard to the MSI 760GM-E51 FX which comes stock with two switches to over-clock my motherboard's front side bus. Also I have the AMD Zembezi "Bulldozer" 8 core desktop CPU 8120 3.1 GHZ unlocked. I found a good cpu liquid radiator cooling system, however it's difficult to find a good north side bus cooling system like I need. If anyone has some suggestions, please let me know. Any help or advice is appreciated! Side note: I know OC is not recommended however I'm going for it if I can keep my temperatures at safe level.
    Link to this post 02 Aug 12

Hey guys, I recently upgraded my motherboard to the MSI 760GM-E51 FX which comes stock with two switches to over-clock my motherboard's front side bus. Also I have the AMD Zembezi "Bulldozer" 8 core desktop CPU 8120 3.1 GHZ unlocked.

I found a good cpu liquid radiator cooling system, however it's difficult to find a good north side bus cooling system like I need.

If anyone has some suggestions, please let me know. Any help or advice is appreciated!

Side note: I know OC is not recommended however I'm going for it if I can keep my temperatures at safe level.

• Richard Sims
    RE: How to install C plugin for Gedit ?
    Doing code in C I'd recommend Geanie if you want a very light IDE, if you'll settle for one to make things easy. Otherwise slightly larger but still light is CodeBlocks, which has a constantly updated and maintained windows and linux version. I run it on both my systems (Laptop and Desktop) which are both dual boot systems, Kubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7 Home/Pro. Both can be found in the Ubuntu Software center, Otherwise google it. They truly are great programs.
    Link to this post 05 May 12

Doing code in C I'd recommend Geanie if you want a very light IDE, if you'll settle for one to make things easy. Otherwise slightly larger but still light is CodeBlocks, which has a constantly updated and maintained windows and linux version. I run it on both my systems (Laptop and Desktop) which are both dual boot systems, Kubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7 Home/Pro.

Both can be found in the Ubuntu Software center, Otherwise google it. They truly are great programs.

• Richard Sims
    RE: KDE China User: A KDE Meeting in Beijing
    I use KDE with Ubuntu 12.04 Beta 2 and Love it =)
    Link to this post 21 Apr 12

I use KDE with Ubuntu 12.04 Beta 2 and Love it =)

• Richard Sims
    RE: Bootable partition FAT or NTFS in Slackware Linux
    What is your goal by installing this on FAT or NTFS? I do not believe it will work on NTFS since that is a windows operating system file system, However just about anything recognizes fat but it will be slow and not encrypted. What is your end goal you are trying to accomplish, maybe there is a better way of going about it is what I was trying to say. So explain to us what it your trying to do, are you trying to make a linux file server or something? If so you don't need it to be on the same file system to work with your windows systems. Explain what your trying to do so we can further help.
    Link to this post 21 Apr 12

What is your goal by installing this on FAT or NTFS? I do not believe it will work on NTFS since that is a windows operating system file system, However just about anything recognizes fat but it will be slow and not encrypted.

What is your end goal you are trying to accomplish, maybe there is a better way of going about it is what I was trying to say. So explain to us what it your trying to do, are you trying to make a linux file server or something? If so you don't need it to be on the same file system to work with your windows systems. Explain what your trying to do so we can further help.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board