• Last Logged In: 09 May 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • franchukrom
    RE: Games You Play under wine ! ! !
    Games that i tested today and that work: Skyrim (needs dll-overrides) Gothic III
    Link to this post 13 Jan 12

Games that i tested today and that work:

Skyrim (needs dll-overrides)
    Gothic III

• franchukrom
    RE: What means this error message?
    So, it is related to optimus. My nvidia card (GT525M) works fine (with debumblebee), and intel works fine too. Why Linux tries to get MUX INFO if I have MUX-less Optimus implementation?
    Link to this post 30 Dec 11

So, it is related to optimus. My nvidia card (GT525M) works fine (with debumblebee), and intel works fine too.

Why Linux tries to get MUX INFO if I have MUX-less Optimus implementation?

• franchukrom
    RE: OCR and data capture software
    OCR engines: Tesseract, cuneiform. Others are English-only, so I did not used them. GUI: for tesseract - FeedReeader, for cuneiform - YAGF and other. But these OCRs are worse than FineReader, so if you have bought FineReader, you can use wine to use it (wine does not support scanning, so you need scan to pdf with xsane and OCR this pdf with FineReader, and don't save results to .doc - OpenOffice have problems with docs generated by FineReader).

OCR engines: Tesseract, cuneiform. Others are English-only, so I did not used them.

GUI: for tesseract - FeedReeader, for cuneiform - YAGF and other.

But these OCRs are worse than FineReader, so if you have bought FineReader, you can use wine to use it (wine does not support scanning, so you need scan to pdf with xsane and OCR this pdf with FineReader, and don't save results to .doc - OpenOffice have problems with docs generated by FineReader).

• franchukrom
    What means this error message?
    Dec 30 07:55:56 franchuk-r kernel: [ 9.023258] [drm:intel_dsm_platform_mux_info] *ERROR* MUX INFO call failed What it means? Hardware: Intel HD3000 (integrated with Core i5-2410M). Linux: 3.1

Dec 30 07:55:56 franchuk-r kernel: [ 9.023258] [drm:intel_dsm_platform_mux_info] *ERROR* MUX INFO call failed

What it means?

Hardware: Intel HD3000 (integrated with Core i5-2410M).

Linux: 3.1

• franchukrom
    RE: Games You Play under wine ! ! !
    Games that I played with wine and that works fine: Many alawar games (some bugs with cyrillic locales) TES V Skyrim (needs dances around fire with winetricks) Assassin's Creed (Dx10 version does not work, only Dx9) Heroes of Might and Magic III, IV, V NFS II SE, III Hot Pursuit, Hot Pursuit II, Underground II, Undercover Gothic, Gothic II Half-Life, Half-Life 2 Team Fortress Classic Counter-Strike 1.5, 1.6, Condition Zero, Source S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl ("white sky" bug with dynamic lighting) Warcraft III Soldier of Fortune 2 Medal of honor Revolt (works only version that patched to support win7) Quake 3 and most of games based on id Tech 3 Doom 3 and most of games based on id Tech 4 Age of Empires II with mods Age of Empires III with mods GTA 3 GTA Vice City And many many other. The most of games which I tried. Games that don't work with wine: GTA IV NFS Shift Many other games do not work for me because I am too lazy to find way to bypass copy protections.

Games that I played with wine and that works fine:

Many alawar games (some bugs with cyrillic locales)
    TES V Skyrim (needs dances around fire with winetricks)
    Assassin's Creed (Dx10 version does not work, only Dx9)
    Heroes of Might and Magic III, IV, V
    NFS II SE, III Hot Pursuit, Hot Pursuit II, Underground II, Undercover
    Gothic, Gothic II
    Half-Life, Half-Life 2
    Team Fortress Classic
    Counter-Strike 1.5, 1.6, Condition Zero, Source
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl ("white sky" bug with dynamic lighting)
    Warcraft III
    Soldier of Fortune 2
    Medal of honor
    Revolt (works only version that patched to support win7)
    Quake 3 and most of games based on id Tech 3
    Doom 3 and most of games based on id Tech 4
    Age of Empires II with mods
    Age of Empires III with mods
    GTA 3
    GTA Vice City

And many many other. The most of games which I tried.

Games that don't work with wine:

GTA IV
    NFS Shift

Many other games do not work for me because I am too lazy to find way to bypass copy protections.

• franchukrom
    RE: Is it loading?
    GCC is CLI application, not gui.

GCC is CLI application, not gui.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board