• Last Logged In: 05 Jun 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Wayne_Sallee
    RE: Invalid module format
    I've come to the conclusion that "Invalid module format" means absolutely nothing, accept that it could not do what it was asked to do. It's just another useless error that has no specific meaning or cause. So "invalid module format" should be ignored and translated as "I could not do it". There are many posts on the internet that say that it means this, or it means that, but the truth is that it means nothing other than the fact that it failed to do what you asked it to do. Wayne Sallee Wayne@WayneSallee.com
    Link to this post 24 May 12

I've come to the conclusion that "Invalid module format" means absolutely nothing, accept that it could not do what it was asked to do. It's just another useless error that has no specific meaning or cause. So "invalid module format" should be ignored and translated as "I could not do it". There are many posts on the internet that say that it means this, or it means that, but the truth is that it means nothing other than the fact that it failed to do what you asked it to do.

Wayne Sallee
    Wayne@WayneSallee.com

• Wayne_Sallee
    That does not fix the problem. Wayne Sallee Wayne@WayneSallee.com
    Link to this post 22 May 12

That does not fix the problem.

Wayne Sallee
    Wayne@WayneSallee.com

• Wayne_Sallee
    I'm still having trouble with this. Is there anyone here that is knowledgeable on this issue that can help me with this? Wayne Sallee Wayne@WayneSallee.com
    Link to this post 21 May 12

I'm still having trouble with this. Is there anyone here that is knowledgeable on this issue that can help me with this?

Wayne Sallee
    Wayne@WayneSallee.com

• Wayne_Sallee
    RE: Looking for a Laptop
    Mistakes are one thing, but gross dishonesty is another. Hp used to be great, but not any more. The only thing that I like about hp is that they still have the pdf service manuals easily down-loadable for all of their computers, but the laptop I have now (and will have to stick with for a while) that I recently got hp to give me in replacement for the defective one,,, the pdf was not how this computer was made. They made changes to this model, it's design stinks compared to the older design. Yea, newegg.com is where I order a lot of stuff, and highly recommend. Wayne Sallee Wayne@WayneSallee.com
    Link to this post 02 Jan 12

Mistakes are one thing, but gross dishonesty is another. Hp used to be great, but not any more. The only thing that I like about hp is that they still have the pdf service manuals easily down-loadable for all of their computers, but the laptop I have now (and will have to stick with for a while) that I recently got hp to give me in replacement for the defective one,,, the pdf was not how this computer was made. They made changes to this model, it's design stinks compared to the older design.

Yea, newegg.com is where I order a lot of stuff, and highly recommend.

Wayne Sallee
    Wayne@WayneSallee.com

• Wayne_Sallee
    Installing Linux is extremely easy. Those graphics resolution differences would make no difference to me. I would want blue tooth though. I should also say that I have not found any laptops recently that I like. I'm currently dissatisfied with all laptops currently on the market. I wish I could just build my own laptop like I do with my desktop computer. I'll be glad when the day comes when I can build my own laptop. Wayne Sallee Wayne@WayneSallee.com

Installing Linux is extremely easy. Those graphics resolution differences would make no difference to me.
    I would want blue tooth though.

I should also say that I have not found any laptops recently that I like. I'm currently dissatisfied with all laptops currently on the market. I wish I could just build my own laptop like I do with my desktop computer. I'll be glad when the day comes when I can build my own laptop.

Wayne Sallee
    Wayne@WayneSallee.com

• Wayne_Sallee
    It's nice to see companies supporting Linux, but if you want a 17" laptop the cheapest one they have is $1500.00. It would be cheaper to purchase a laptop with Window$ installed and then install Linux instead. Wayne Sallee Wayne@WayneSallee.com

It's nice to see companies supporting Linux, but if you want a 17" laptop the cheapest one they have is $1500.00. It would be cheaper to purchase a laptop with Window$ installed and then install Linux instead.

Wayne Sallee
    Wayne@WayneSallee.com

• Wayne_Sallee
    Hp has made some bad laptops and has been the most dishonest about it. Because hp has had so many consumer complaints and law suits, they decided to get out of the personal computer market. There is talk that they might have changed their mind on that. Wayne Sallee Wayne@WayneSallee.com
    Link to this post 01 Jan 12

Hp has made some bad laptops and has been the most dishonest about it. Because hp has had so many consumer complaints and law suits, they decided to get out of the personal computer market. There is talk that they might have changed their mind on that.

Wayne Sallee
    Wayne@WayneSallee.com

• Wayne_Sallee
    Because Ipads are proprietary and more expensive. Also as to the original question of looking for a laptop without any software installed,,,, With what little software is actually put on computers anymore, and with the advertisements that software companies pay them to put on the laptops, you are only looking at about $50.00 in cost of laptop going to software, if that much. So finding a laptop without any software installed to try to save money, is not going to save you much money. And if you do save any money the savings will be less than the cost of the software. Wayne Sallee Wayne@WayneSallee.com
    Link to this post 01 Jan 12

Because Ipads are proprietary and more expensive.

Also as to the original question of looking for a laptop without any software installed,,,, With what little software is actually put on computers anymore, and with the advertisements that software companies pay them to put on the laptops, you are only looking at about $50.00 in cost of laptop going to software, if that much. So finding a laptop without any software installed to try to save money, is not going to save you much money. And if you do save any money the savings will be less than the cost of the software.

Wayne Sallee
    Wayne@WayneSallee.com

• Wayne_Sallee
    RE: Perfect language to learn?
    The perfect language is Assembly Language. :-) :-) but it's not portable. The language you want to learn is C. After that you can learn some of the other languages. Wayne Sallee Wayne@WayneSallee.com
    Link to this post 25 Oct 11

The perfect language is Assembly Language. :-) :-)
    but it's not portable.

The language you want to learn is C.

After that you can learn some of the other languages.

Wayne Sallee
    Wayne@WayneSallee.com

• Wayne_Sallee
    RE: The Forum Website is back up.
    Are there any plans to ad some functions to this forum, like click to read first unread post in thread? As this forum is now, it's quite flat. Wayne Sallee Wayne@WayneSallee.com
    Link to this post 17 Oct 11

Are there any plans to ad some functions to this forum, like click to read first unread post in thread?

As this forum is now, it's quite flat.

Wayne Sallee
    Wayne@WayneSallee.com

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board