• Last Logged In: 06 Sep 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • apadillav
    RE: Configuration DNS server BIND9 on on Debia 6
    Thanks Marc, Then, if I configure my DNS server with the IP 192.168.xx.xx, only the users for my private network may see my webpage, then I need to configure one zone with my public IP 201.199.xx.xx to my DNS server can be viewed from internet users. I think that I need to create in my bind the data base for my private network db.192.168.xx.xx and public network db.201.199.xx and db.mydomain.xx.xx to both user (intenet and private network ) can view my webpage. Then, I create these databases in my BIND9 but which other files in bind9. Do I need to edit to configure it well in my bind server? I appreciate any help. Regards Andres
    Link to this post 07 Sep 11

Thanks Marc,

Then, if I configure my DNS server with the IP 192.168.xx.xx, only the users for my private network may see my webpage, then I need to configure one zone with my public IP 201.199.xx.xx to my DNS server can be viewed from internet users.

I think that I need to create in my bind the data base for my private network db.192.168.xx.xx and public network db.201.199.xx and db.mydomain.xx.xx to both user (intenet and private network ) can view my webpage.

Then, I create these databases in my BIND9 but which other files in bind9. Do I need to edit to configure it well in my bind server?

I appreciate any help.

Regards
    Andres

• apadillav
    Configuration DNS server BIND9 on on Debia 6
    Hi I'm doing a project which is installing and configuring BIND 9 and Apache 2 to set up my website from my debian 6. The question is the following, my ISP provide me a public IP 201.199.xx.xx and in my Debian in the interface eth0 I have setup with the local IP 192.168.xx.xx. Which IP I should be set my DNS server (BIND9) to publish my website. Please your help and support Regards Andres
    Link to this post 06 Sep 11

Hi

I'm doing a project which is installing and configuring BIND 9 and Apache 2 to set up my website from my debian 6.

The question is the following, my ISP provide me a public IP 201.199.xx.xx and in my Debian in the interface eth0 I have setup with the local IP 192.168.xx.xx.
    Which IP I should be set my DNS server (BIND9) to publish my website.

Please your help and support

Regards
    Andres

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board