• Last Logged In: 09 Nov 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Spartacus1
    RE: No internet and unable to mount CD on Arch Linux inside VirtualBox
    Ok, I found a way to install additions, but device "eth0" is still not found by "ifconfig"
    Link to this post 18 Nov 11

Ok, I found a way to install additions, but device "eth0" is still not found by "ifconfig"

• Spartacus1
    RE: No internet and unable to mount CD on Arch Linux inside VirtualBox
    Yep, I tried "mount /dev/sr0 /mnt/cd" and I get a message saying "Invalid device"

Yep, I tried "mount /dev/sr0 /mnt/cd" and I get a message saying "Invalid device"

• Spartacus1
    No internet and unable to mount CD on Arch Linux inside VirtualBox
    Hello to all who read! Hopefully, I'm posting this in the right forum. I'm new to Arch Linux and I just installed it, but I want to give it a try. For some reason, I can't connect to the internet (I guess missing drivers), and then when I try to install Vbox guest additions, I can't mount the CD. Any thoughts? Thanks to all posts!

Hello to all who read!
    Hopefully, I'm posting this in the right forum.
    I'm new to Arch Linux and I just installed it, but I want to give it a try.
    For some reason, I can't connect to the internet (I guess missing drivers), and then when I try to install Vbox guest additions, I can't mount the CD.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks to all posts!

• Spartacus1
    How do I enable root in 2011?
    Hello to all! I am using Mandriva 2011 and I am wanting to enable root GUI logon. I do understand the risks of using root, I just find it really annoying having to continuously type my root password every time I want to make a system modification. Thanks!
    Link to this post 06 Nov 11

Hello to all!
    I am using Mandriva 2011 and I am wanting to enable root GUI logon.
    I do understand the risks of using root, I just find it really annoying having to continuously type my root password every time I want to make a system modification.
    Thanks!

• Spartacus1
    How do you use the "efiemu" feature under GRUB 2?
    Hello to all! I was just wondering what the "efiemu" feature in GRUB 2 does and how to use it properly. Thanks!
    Link to this post 01 Nov 11

Hello to all!
    I was just wondering what the "efiemu" feature in GRUB 2 does and how to use it properly.
    Thanks!

• Spartacus1
    "CPU Soft lockup" kernel panic message
    Hello to all who read! Whenever I try to boot up OpenSUSE, I get a kernel panic message, while it is loading drivers, saying "CPU## soft lock-up bug". I am using the "Default" kernel (Not the "Desktop" kernel), and this error happens with GRUB 0.97 and 1.99. Thanks to all responses.
    Link to this post 01 Nov 11

Hello to all who read!
    Whenever I try to boot up OpenSUSE, I get a kernel panic message, while it is loading drivers, saying "CPU## soft lock-up bug". I am using the "Default" kernel (Not the "Desktop" kernel), and this error happens with GRUB 0.97 and 1.99.
    Thanks to all responses.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board