• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 03 Jun 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • electricdel
    RE: iceweasel or epiphany web browser what do i add.
    This is the life . total access .Blows me away what java can open up
    Link to this post 27 Jan 12

This is the life . total access .Blows me away what java can open up

• electricdel
    Goineasy9.... icedtea6-plugin.....Worked and listed...Now to go wherenot many went before .....Cheers and beers .. Now I have a lot of reading to do ... Security and alldatstuff!!!!/ lol Dat was really keen
    Link to this post 23 Jan 12

Goineasy9....
    icedtea6-plugin.....Worked and listed...Now to go wherenot many went before .....Cheers and beers ..

Now I have a lot of reading to do ... Security and alldatstuff!!!!/ lol

Dat was really keen

• electricdel
    apt-get install icedtea-plugin E: Unable to locate package icedtea-plugin openjdk-6-jre > so far so good no problem..thanks
    Link to this post 22 Jan 12

apt-get install icedtea-plugin <this wasnt found >E: Unable to locate package icedtea-plugin

openjdk-6-jre > so far so good no problem..thanks

• electricdel
    Yessss!!!!Just perfect .... I've been running those lines *and getting errors* ....But with copy and paste ....BINGO... (I have a movie playing on another tab as I write this )....Excellent thank you . Next stop ...Sun java ... or something similar so I can live chat ... Thank you again
    Link to this post 22 Jan 12

Yessss!!!!Just perfect .... I've been running those lines *and getting errors* ....But with copy and paste ....BINGO...
    (I have a movie playing on another tab as I write this )....Excellent thank you .

Next stop ...Sun java ... or something similar so I can live chat ...

Thank you again

• electricdel
    http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/flashplugin-nonfree *** very helpful ...But there is still something unruly goin on. Got some amazing updates though .. Many thanks*** update-flashplugin-nonfree -iv The hardship is the version on box is 1.xx.xx.3.(which dosen't work on most sites) ..What I need is flashplayer 10. It,s fetched off the net. Uncompressed /Bash for some reason cannot execute. My command-line writing must be really flawed... I really need to know this so I may be able to help the next guy ..
    Link to this post 18 Jan 12

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/flashplugin-nonfree *** very helpful ...But there is still something unruly goin on.
    Got some amazing updates though .. Many thanks***

update-flashplugin-nonfree -iv The hardship is the version on box is 1.xx.xx.3.(which dosen't work on most sites) ..What I need is flashplayer 10. It,s fetched off the net. Uncompressed /Bash for some reason cannot execute.
    My command-line writing must be really flawed...

I really need to know this so I may be able to help the next guy ..

• electricdel
    [color=red]HI, [/color]I'm having a lot of trouble getting Flash player 10 linux to install(iceweasel browser) on Debian squeese.(i386 32 bit is the ver. the adobe tell me to d/load) I cannot get it to kick in with synaptic ( that wants to use ver 1.and asks for the disk ) I have no install discs . So need to do it all over the net.. Via bash.. I have the package downloaded and can unzip it. How do I put it where it should be and how do I access it from bash (cd ??)so that I can apt-get install the player.. Im sure this problem has put many people off staying with Linux 6. I have been warned not to turn on backports ??? I have tried all the solutions on the majorgeeks thread . But I cannot get over the last hurdle.
    Link to this post 16 Jan 12

HI, I'm having a lot of trouble getting Flash player 10 linux to install(iceweasel browser) on Debian squeese.(i386 32 bit is the ver. the adobe tell me to d/load) I cannot get it to kick in with synaptic ( that wants to use ver 1.and asks for the disk ) I have no install discs . So need to do it all over the net.. Via bash.. I have the package downloaded and can unzip it. How do I put it where it should be and how do I access it from bash (cd ??)so that I can apt-get install the player..
    Im sure this problem has put many people off staying with Linux 6. I have been warned not to turn on backports ???
    I have tried all the solutions on the majorgeeks thread . But I cannot get over the last hurdle.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board