• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 26 Oct 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • aakkuan
    overheating problem in in dell n5010 (p6100)
    hallo i have a 11.04 classic gnome (no effects) ubuntu installation with the kernel 2.6.38-12-generic-pae and by the first second i am in the desktop the readings of the panel hardware temperature indicators are: cpu 70-72 gpu 80-82 hard disk 56 with vlc open or banshee it easily goes at 80+ (the acpi says 88 is critical :S) i have tried ubuntu, kubuntu, mint and the problem remains... i really want to have ubuntu there's no better os for me, but this overheating problem drives me crazy!! i tried the espm patch by phoronix and it didn't work... can you help me?? thank you... maybe try 64-bit?? should i go back to 10.04??? i would but i hesitate because if i remember well, the ubuntu one client was buggy and i doubt it will recognize my wireless...
    Link to this post 25 Oct 11

hallo i have a 11.04 classic gnome (no effects)
    ubuntu installation with the kernel
    2.6.38-12-generic-pae

and by the first second i am in the desktop
    the readings of the panel hardware temperature indicators are:
    cpu 70-72
    gpu 80-82
    hard disk 56

with vlc open or banshee it easily goes at 80+ (the acpi says 88 is critical :S)

i have tried ubuntu, kubuntu, mint and the problem remains...
    i really want to have ubuntu there's no better os for me,
    but this overheating problem drives me crazy!!
    i tried the espm patch by phoronix and it didn't work...
    can you help me??
    thank you...

maybe try 64-bit??
    should i go back to 10.04???
    i would but i hesitate because if i remember well, the ubuntu one client was buggy and i doubt it will recognize my wireless...

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board