• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 28 Nov 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • mudius
    RE: First time linux project need advice.
    thanks guys I followed your advice and rooted traffic my way and put up a fire wall... honestly I'm kinda mad at how easy and free and full featured this is... thanks all
    Link to this post 28 Nov 11

thanks guys I followed your advice and rooted traffic my way and put up a fire wall... honestly I'm kinda mad at how easy and free and full featured this is... thanks all

• mudius
    RE: First time linux project need advice.
    I'm downloading ubuntu server right now... and plan to install it as a lamp server... and run dual os's using VMware fusion I just want to be able to host my own site and still use my computer is that crazy? thanks for the help :)
    Link to this post 26 Nov 11

I'm downloading ubuntu server right now... and plan to install it as a lamp server... and run dual os's using VMware fusion

I just want to be able to host my own site and still use my computer is that crazy? thanks for the help :)

• mudius
    First time linux project need advice.
    so I've had an intel based imac for 5 years now and it helped me learn the little I know about unix and linux.... I am wanting to add a linux server os to a partition on my mac running osx 10.5 I want to be able to use my computer while it host my website, I have VMware Fusion & need to know a)is it possible b)is it as easy as it sounds? c)which linux should I use? ps. I just want this to mess around with as a project host a blog website about the project and my be a business web site if I can run it reliably.
    Link to this post 26 Nov 11

so I've had an intel based imac for 5 years now and it helped me learn the little I know about unix and linux....

I am wanting to add a linux server os to a partition on my mac running osx 10.5 I want to be able to use my computer while it host my website, I have VMware Fusion & need to know a)is it possible b)is it as easy as it sounds? c)which linux should I use?

ps. I just want this to mess around with as a project host a blog website about the project and my be a business web site if I can run it reliably.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board