• Last Logged In: 03 Dec 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • zubmit
    RE: Realtek RTL8188SU 802.11n WLAN Adapter
    Thank you very much for your support. I get an error because there isn't a folder called configure so I can't install the driver. These are the folders located in the driver: [img]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3995/backtrackfolders.png[/img] I will also look at the website you linked to. Thank you kind sir (:
    Link to this post 03 Dec 11

Thank you very much for your support.
    I get an error because there isn't a folder called configure so I can't install the driver.

These are the folders located in the driver:

I will also look at the website you linked to.

Thank you kind sir (:

• zubmit
    Realtek RTL8188SU 802.11n WLAN Adapter
    I've just installed Backtrack on my Vmware. I need to install a driver to my wlan adapter because backtrack doesn't support this driver. I have downloaded the driver and placed it on the desktop. I'm very new to the Linux enviroment so I hope you can give me a newbie guide to installing a driver from the command prompt. I've tried to locate a step-by-step guide in the read me file but I can't find anything. The driver is named: rtl8712_8188_8191_8192SU_usb_linux_v2.6.6.0.20110401.tar.gz I've tried to post in the backtrack forum without any luck. Best regards: Magnus
    Link to this post 02 Dec 11

I've just installed Backtrack on my Vmware.
    I need to install a driver to my wlan adapter because backtrack doesn't support this driver.
    I have downloaded the driver and placed it on the desktop.

I'm very new to the Linux enviroment so I hope you can give me a newbie guide to installing a driver from the command prompt.
    I've tried to locate a step-by-step guide in the read me file but I can't find anything.

The driver is named:

rtl8712_8188_8191_8192SU_usb_linux_v2.6.6.0.20110401.tar.gz

I've tried to post in the backtrack forum without any luck.

Best regards:
    Magnus

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board