• Last Logged In: 4 days ago

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • willettwork
    Canon 560 series
    It connects, the drivers load no problem, but will not print. The print job flows through the spooler fine, the printer does not ever respond. I have had the same issue with fedora, and Ubuntu. Prints in Window, embarrassing that it will not in Linux. If it did not see the printer and load drivers automatically I might think connection issues. As it is I cannot figure it out.
    Link to this post 26 Apr 12

It connects, the drivers load no problem, but will not print. The print job flows through the spooler fine, the printer does not ever respond. I have had the same issue with fedora, and Ubuntu.
    Prints in Window, embarrassing that it will not in Linux.
    If it did not see the printer and load drivers automatically I might think connection issues. As it is I cannot figure it out.

• willettwork
    RE: Applications and World of Warcraft
    There is also [u]Crossover[/u]. There is a small cost but it was developed with programs like WOW in mind.
    Link to this post 06 Apr 12

There is also Crossover. There is a small cost but it was developed with programs like WOW in mind.

• willettwork
    RE: How to replace PC with Linux
    I have a step by step on my site. shows installing Ubuntu overwriting windows. includes screenshots http://willettmatter.com
    Link to this post 22 Feb 12

I have a step by step on my site. shows installing Ubuntu overwriting windows. includes screenshots

http://willettmatter.com

• willettwork
    This one is about XML. I know that is outside this forum
    I really cannot find the info anywhere else. I'm trying to make a xml writer. just for simple stuff. $output=xmlwriter_open_uri("../lib/main.xml"); $blog=$sxe->continue->addChild('blog',$newin); $blog->addAttribute('date',$date); when I use this, it puts the info in the xml. if I print out the xml while in this script, my new stuff is right there. but after i finish this page, when I go read from this file again, it will not load, I get all kinds of errors. I'm thinking that I'm missing the command to write to and close the file. I cannot find the finishing part. Does anyone know how to finish this up? Thank you for your assistance
    Link to this post 29 Jan 12

I really cannot find the info anywhere else.

I'm trying to make a xml writer. just for simple stuff.

$output=xmlwriter_open_uri("../lib/main.xml");
    $blog=$sxe->continue->addChild('blog',$newin);
    $blog->addAttribute('date',$date);

when I use this, it puts the info in the xml. if I print out the xml while in this script, my new stuff is right there. but after i finish this page, when I go read from this file again, it will not load, I get all kinds of errors.
    I'm thinking that I'm missing the command to write to and close the file. I cannot find the finishing part. Does anyone know how to finish this up?
    Thank you for your assistance

• willettwork
    PHP
    I know this is not a Linux question, but this is still the smartest Group I know. I made the simplest XML file I can contrive. [i] note [/i] yes it is at the very top of the file. Now I'm trying to pull it into my PHP. [i] $feat = new SimpleXMLElement(file_get_contents("main.xml")); [/i] I've checked letter by letter, I don't see anything wrong in my code. permitions are correct in file and folder. what else would cause errors reading this in?
    Link to this post 24 Jan 12

I know this is not a Linux question, but this is still the smartest Group I know.

I made the simplest XML file I can contrive.

<? xml version 1.0 ?>
    <page>
    <menu>note</menu>
    </page>

yes it is at the very top of the file.

Now I'm trying to pull it into my PHP.

$feat = new SimpleXMLElement(file_get_contents("main.xml"));

I've checked letter by letter, I don't see anything wrong in my code. permitions are correct in file and folder. what else would cause errors reading this in?

• willettwork
    partitioning :)
    Has anyone had a windows computer, and reduced the size of the Windows partition? Can you do that and Windows did not have to be re-installed?
    Link to this post 18 Jan 12

Has anyone had a windows computer, and reduced the size of the Windows partition? Can you do that and Windows did not have to be re-installed?

• willettwork
    RE: Modifying restricted folders without terminal
    My point was that you answered a question I had. I will use that info the next time I have to move files to the /html folder. Thank you for the info.
    Link to this post 16 Jan 12

My point was that you answered a question I had. I will use that info the next time I have to move files to the /html folder. Thank you for the info.

• willettwork
    RE: Modifying restricted folders without terminal
    Good question Nick. I am also looking for this info.

Good question Nick. I am also looking for this info.

• willettwork
    RE: Cant boot from CD
    On my computer when I want to boot from cd, on the bios screen I start tapping f8 till the menu opens to go to cd. When you boot look for the bios splash screen and see if it shows a button to push.

On my computer when I want to boot from cd, on the bios screen I start tapping f8 till the menu opens to go to cd. When you boot look for the bios splash screen and see if it shows a button to push.

• willettwork
    RE: need my plugin to do that
    Thank you GoingEasy. I appreciate your efforts. I just installed the other Linux. Let's see how this works.

Thank you GoingEasy. I appreciate your efforts.

I just installed the other Linux. Let's see how this works.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board