• Last Logged In: 24 Dec 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • minouche123
    RE: General problems
    I did the download with Mandriva and the burning by k3b-ISO with the lowest speed (2x) by using the first computer. My first computer are ASRock M3A770DE, AM3 dual-core, 8 GB RAM, Radeon HD 5450, the second MSI K9N6PGM2, AM2 dual-core, 4 GB RAM, Gainward 8400GS. When I put in the DVD my first boot-device are CD-Player in BIOS (DVD) but it start from HD. After 4 or 5 times starting the computer it begins to start from DVD, but very slow (need till 10 min starting) and than are following all the error-messages. At least I try the i386- and amd64-version of kubuntu 11.10.
    Link to this post 24 Dec 11

I did the download with Mandriva and the burning by k3b-ISO with the lowest speed (2x) by using the first computer.
    My first computer are ASRock M3A770DE, AM3 dual-core, 8 GB RAM, Radeon HD 5450,
    the second MSI K9N6PGM2, AM2 dual-core, 4 GB RAM, Gainward 8400GS.

When I put in the DVD my first boot-device are CD-Player in BIOS (DVD) but it start from HD. After 4 or 5 times starting the computer it begins to start from DVD, but very slow (need till 10 min starting) and than are following all the error-messages.

At least I try the i386- and amd64-version of kubuntu 11.10.

• minouche123
    General problems
    I did download kubuntu 11.10 and try to install but it do not work. First I set "start from DVD" but the computer do start from harddisk. Than after it show me "chroot: can`t execute dpkg-divert : input/output error" After download and burning DVD I compare the burning files and the program tells me that all will be ok. What will be the problem? Old Windows Settings from years ago?
    Link to this post 23 Dec 11

I did download kubuntu 11.10 and try to install but it do not work. First I set "start from DVD" but the computer do start from harddisk. Than after it show me
    "chroot: can`t execute dpkg-divert : input/output error"
    After download and burning DVD I compare the burning files and the program tells me that all will be ok.
    What will be the problem?
    Old Windows Settings from years ago?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board