• Last Logged In: 15 Jan 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • melodie
    Just arrived
    Hi, I found this friendly forum a pair of days ago, and registered. I started using GNU&Linux in 2004, with Mandrake 10. Then I switched to Debian during 3 months, then tried Ubuntu. I contributed to a book dedicated to beginners starting with Ubuntu, as co-autor during 5 months, then the book was published early 2006. Then I wanted to try Archlinux, which has been my main distribution during 4 years. In the meanwhile I tried a few more, such as Slitaz, Zenwalk, again Debian, and Mandriva, and a few small distros. In 2008 I started using PCLinuxOS KDE Minime, and in 2009 a member of the PCLinuxOS community created a program to localize in many languages, using a separate repository for the po/mo files. So I started to learn to remaster the different flavors available, to provide them to a French speaking community. I also started a project around the Openbox window manager as a standalone version, with sparkles of small programs and configuration files provided to make it easy to use. I am now a full contributor, with the creation of a dedicated website in French, some more joined, we created a wiki and we continue. Here is the website: http://pclinuxos-fr.org and here a presentation in English of the specifically easy and lightweight Openbox version of PCLinuxOS : [url=http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php/topic,96396.0.html][b]New Openbox Editions Available[/b][/url]. And the latest built on Openbox too, is a special version for young children : PCLinuxOS Education, that we (a group of parents from several countries) have worked on for more than 2 years. A full, up to date presentation can be seen here: [url=http://meylodie.wordpress.com/2011/12/26/pclinuxos-education-en-2/][b]PCLinuxOS Education (en)[/b][/url] I have a question related to the present website : what is the difference between the forum, and the "Linux answers" section ? I tried to answer to someone a pair of days ago when I came first, but I still don't see the answer I provided : how come ? I tried to give a good and useful answer, so I would suppose it might be published one of these days, before the person thinks nobody cares for her problem ? Regards, Mélodie
    Link to this post 30 Dec 11

Hi,
    I found this friendly forum a pair of days ago, and registered.

I started using GNU&Linux in 2004, with Mandrake 10. Then I switched to Debian during 3 months, then tried Ubuntu. I contributed to a book dedicated to beginners starting with Ubuntu, as co-autor during 5 months, then the book was published early 2006.

Then I wanted to try Archlinux, which has been my main distribution during 4 years. In the meanwhile I tried a few more, such as Slitaz, Zenwalk, again Debian, and Mandriva, and a few small distros.

In 2008 I started using PCLinuxOS KDE Minime, and in 2009 a member of the PCLinuxOS community created a program to localize in many languages, using a separate repository for the po/mo files. So I started to learn to remaster the different flavors available, to provide them to a French speaking community. I also started a project around the Openbox window manager as a standalone version, with sparkles of small programs and configuration files provided to make it easy to use.

I am now a full contributor, with the creation of a dedicated website in French, some more joined, we created a wiki and we continue.

Here is the website: http://pclinuxos-fr.org
    and here a presentation in English of the specifically easy and lightweight Openbox version of PCLinuxOS : New Openbox Editions Available.

And the latest built on Openbox too, is a special version for young children : PCLinuxOS Education, that we (a group of parents from several countries) have worked on for more than 2 years. A full, up to date presentation can be seen here:
    PCLinuxOS Education (en)

I have a question related to the present website : what is the difference between the forum, and the "Linux answers" section ? I tried to answer to someone a pair of days ago when I came first, but I still don't see the answer I provided : how come ? I tried to give a good and useful answer, so I would suppose it might be published one of these days, before the person thinks nobody cares for her problem ?

Regards,
    Mélodie

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board