Thanks Mike and mfillpot! I appreciate the support Take care guys! David
    Link to this post 18 Jan 12

Thanks Mike and mfillpot!

I appreciate the support

Take care guys!

David

• The Relentless1
    RE: Newcomer!
    I just got your email about my post. No, you don't have to worry about that. I have studied SEO a little to try an optimize my posts on my site, but everything I do would be referred to as whitehat. I have read and seen some of the things I believe your talking about. On my sites I have right now I get hundreds of spam comments daily that I have to dump. I'm sure its those auto submitters dumping comments to get backlinks because al the comments have links to various sites in them. I get dozens and dozens of them from the same sites! I wish I knew how to stop them without cutting everyone else off at the same time? Whatever the case may be, you don't have to worry about me, I am trying very hard to learn best practices! As with anything you do I believe there is always a right and a wrong way to do it. I am glad to hear about most people teaching themselves, I have been going to another site to learn called W3Schools and they have extensive teachings on computer language or code? Thanks a lot for welcoming me in! I do really appreciate your kindness! David

I just got your email about my post. No, you don't have to worry about that. I have studied SEO a little to try an optimize my posts on my site, but everything I do would be referred to as whitehat.

I have read and seen some of the things I believe your talking about. On my sites I have right now I get hundreds of spam comments daily that I have to dump.

I'm sure its those auto submitters dumping comments to get backlinks because al the comments have links to various sites in them. I get dozens and dozens of them from the same sites!

I wish I knew how to stop them without cutting everyone else off at the same time?

Whatever the case may be, you don't have to worry about me, I am trying very hard to learn best practices! As with anything you do I believe there is always a right and a wrong way to do it.

I am glad to hear about most people teaching themselves, I have been going to another site to learn called W3Schools and they have extensive teachings on computer language or code?

Thanks a lot for welcoming me in! I do really appreciate your kindness!

David

• The Relentless1
    Newcomer!
    I just wanted to introduce myself to the community. I am really new at this and I have been trying to teach myself everything which I know was probably a mistake, however, I really had no choice? I am 56 years old and I'm retired due to some medical troubles. Anyway, I love working online although I have had no prior experience. I have several Wordpress sites which are alright I guess, I really don't know what to think about all of this. I have been trying to learn the computer aspects, as well as site building, typing, SEO and some internet marketing. In 15 months with no help at all, just some ebooks I got online and sites I've looked at. Anyway I am here to try to learn some new things if I can. I saw some work a guy named Thomas did and he is a member here also, and his stuff was awesome! I hope I haven't done anything wrong by posting this message but I was hoping to meet some new people? Thanks, David [url=http://relentlesstraffic.com]Relentless Traffic[/url]

I just wanted to introduce myself to the community.

I am really new at this and I have been trying to teach myself everything which I know was probably a mistake, however, I really had no choice?

I am 56 years old and I'm retired due to some medical troubles. Anyway, I love working online although I have had no prior experience.

I have several Wordpress sites which are alright I guess, I really don't know what to think about all of this. I have been trying to learn the computer aspects, as well as site building, typing, SEO and some internet marketing.

In 15 months with no help at all, just some ebooks I got online and sites I've looked at. Anyway I am here to try to learn some new things if I can.

I saw some work a guy named Thomas did and he is a member here also, and his stuff was awesome! I hope I haven't done anything wrong by posting this message but I was hoping to meet some new people?

Thanks,
    David
    Relentless Traffic

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board