• Last Logged In: 06 Feb 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • skade88
    RE: Linux on a tablet
    Great find MasenM, I am going to just get one of those. :D I am very excited to be able to support people making what seems to be exactly what I am looking for. May can't get here soon enough!
    Link to this post 06 Feb 12

Great find MasenM,

I am going to just get one of those. :D

I am very excited to be able to support people making what seems to be exactly what I am looking for. May can't get here soon enough!

• skade88
    Thanks mfillpot, It sounds like a fun challenge. I will either get a tablet booting with Debian or break one trying. hah Best, David Brooks
    Link to this post 26 Jan 12

Thanks mfillpot,

It sounds like a fun challenge. I will either get a tablet booting with Debian or break one trying. hah

Best,
    David Brooks

• skade88
    Hi Arran, Thank you for the response. While that may be true that iOS is more polished than Linux, I am ok with that. I would rather have Debian on a tablet than iOS. Apple is happy to tell me what I can and cant do with their software and hardware. The idea of paying apple hundreds of dollars for their tablet and then have to put up with them trying to control my every move with it is rather unappealing. I would rather get a droid tablet and install Linux on it and have the power and security and control that Linux gives all with the awesome mobility the tablet market gives. Best, David Brooks
    Link to this post 25 Jan 12

Hi Arran,

Thank you for the response. While that may be true that iOS is more polished than Linux, I am ok with that. I would rather have Debian on a tablet than iOS. Apple is happy to tell me what I can and cant do with their software and hardware. The idea of paying apple hundreds of dollars for their tablet and then have to put up with them trying to control my every move with it is rather unappealing. I would rather get a droid tablet and install Linux on it and have the power and security and control that Linux gives all with the awesome mobility the tablet market gives.

Best,
    David Brooks

• skade88
    Linux on a tablet
    Hello all, This is my first post. So please let me know if I am putting this on the wrong section of the forum. I have seen the ipads and droid tablets out there. But I want a tablet running Linux. I would love to have Debian or Ubuntu on a tablet. But I can't find any companies selling such devices. I have seen the news stories out there that claim Ubuntu might have an announcement on an Ubuntu tablet in over a year from now. Well I know Linux can run on almost anything. So why not an existing tablet? Can anyone point me in the right direction to a guide to installing Debian or Ubuntu on an existing Tablet? I currently do not own any tablet hardware. So any hardware that will be best suited for this project I will see about purchasing. Thanks for your time and attention.
    Link to this post 25 Jan 12

Hello all,

This is my first post. So please let me know if I am putting this on the wrong section of the forum. I have seen the ipads and droid tablets out there. But I want a tablet running Linux. I would love to have Debian or Ubuntu on a tablet. But I can't find any companies selling such devices. I have seen the news stories out there that claim Ubuntu might have an announcement on an Ubuntu tablet in over a year from now.

Well I know Linux can run on almost anything. So why not an existing tablet? Can anyone point me in the right direction to a guide to installing Debian or Ubuntu on an existing Tablet? I currently do not own any tablet hardware. So any hardware that will be best suited for this project I will see about purchasing.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board