• Last Logged In: 09 May 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Asad3ainJalout
    Wireless Internet is trolling me again.
    So I asked for help on the Linux Mint forums and its been 2 full days so im asking over here. I hope you guys can help me. If you do not know how to help please give me links. Thank you Everything under this line is the original message. _______________________________________________________________________________ So I do need to explain from the very beginning. I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. It came pre-installed with windows 7 Home edition. That crashed and I ended up switching to Linux, as it happened I installed Ubuntu 10.10 at the time. Meanwhile I had fixed my windows and my laptop enjoyed a dual boot for about a year with wireless and Ethernet working perfectly for the longest time. Than my windows crashed again. I was forced to re-install, and with my warranty gone i was forced to buy Windows 7 Ultimate, and this is were the problem begins. After installing windows 7 with a 100 GB partition and Ubuntu (now 11.10) with a 200 GB partition. I noticed that while my Linux networking working just fine my windows 7 networking would not work at all. Being and Intermediate computer user i used my Linux to find the drivers manually, pass them over to my windows partition and install them. I rebooted into window 7 and huzzah my Ethernet works, from there it was a quick connection to automatically install my wireless driver. Here is were the peculiar thing happens. Now my Linux Operating systems networking will not work at all. I downgraded from Ubuntu 11.10 to 10.10. After that being futile and getting sick of path Ubuntu was taking I switched to Linux Mint. Still the same problem. Now here is were the trolling part comes in. When i go to my college campus my wireless Internet works perfectly fine (Ethernet not tested). I come home and none work. Please help. Here are the results to [code]Sudo lshw -C networking[/code] [code]PCI (sysfs) *-network description: Wireless interface product: RTL8191SEvB Wireless LAN Controller vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. physical id: 0 bus info: pci@0000:02:00.0 logical name: wlan0 version: 10 serial: 20:7c:8f:0c:61:dc width: 32 bits clock: 33MHz capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rtl819xSE driverversion=0017.0507.2010 firmware=63 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=802.11bg resources: irq:16 ioport:7000(size=256) memory:f3100000-f3103fff *-network description: Ethernet interface product: AR8152 v1.1 Fast Ethernet vendor: Atheros Communications physical id: 0 bus info: pci@0000:08:00.0 logical name: eth0 version: c1 serial: c8:0a:a9:85:61:ca capacity: 100MB/s width: 64 bits clock: 33MHz capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vpd bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd autonegotiation configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=atl1c driverversion=1.0.0.2-NAPI firmware=N/A latency=0 link=no multicast=yes port=twisted pair resources: irq:43 memory:f3000000-f303ffff ioport:6000(size=128)[/code] Thank you all for your help in advance. -Asad3ainJalout
    Link to this post 06 Feb 12

So I asked for help on the Linux Mint forums and its been 2 full days so im asking over here. I hope you guys can help me. If you do not know how to help please give me links. Thank you
    Everything under this line is the original message.
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    So I do need to explain from the very beginning.

I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. It came pre-installed with windows 7 Home edition. That crashed and I ended up switching to Linux, as it happened I installed Ubuntu 10.10 at the time. Meanwhile I had fixed my windows and my laptop enjoyed a dual boot for about a year with wireless and Ethernet working perfectly for the longest time. Than my windows crashed again. I was forced to re-install, and with my warranty gone i was forced to buy Windows 7 Ultimate, and this is were the problem begins.

After installing windows 7 with a 100 GB partition and Ubuntu (now 11.10) with a 200 GB partition. I noticed that while my Linux networking working just fine my windows 7 networking would not work at all. Being and Intermediate computer user i used my Linux to find the drivers manually, pass them over to my windows partition and install them. I rebooted into window 7 and huzzah my Ethernet works, from there it was a quick connection to automatically install my wireless driver.

Here is were the peculiar thing happens. Now my Linux Operating systems networking will not work at all. I downgraded from Ubuntu 11.10 to 10.10. After that being futile and getting sick of path Ubuntu was taking I switched to Linux Mint. Still the same problem. Now here is were the trolling part comes in.

When i go to my college campus my wireless Internet works perfectly fine (Ethernet not tested). I come home and none work. Please help.

Here are the results to

Sudo lshw -C networking

PCI (sysfs)  
    *-network
    description: Wireless interface
    product: RTL8191SEvB Wireless LAN Controller
    vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
    physical id: 0
    bus info: pci@0000:02:00.0
    logical name: wlan0
    version: 10
    serial: 20:7c:8f:0c:61:dc
    width: 32 bits
    clock: 33MHz
    capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
    configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rtl819xSE driverversion=0017.0507.2010 firmware=63 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=802.11bg
    resources: irq:16 ioport:7000(size=256) memory:f3100000-f3103fff
    *-network
    description: Ethernet interface
    product: AR8152 v1.1 Fast Ethernet
    vendor: Atheros Communications
    physical id: 0
    bus info: pci@0000:08:00.0
    logical name: eth0
    version: c1
    serial: c8:0a:a9:85:61:ca
    capacity: 100MB/s
    width: 64 bits
    clock: 33MHz
    capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vpd bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd autonegotiation
    configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=atl1c driverversion=1.0.0.2-NAPI firmware=N/A latency=0 link=no multicast=yes port=twisted pair
    resources: irq:43 memory:f3000000-f303ffff ioport:6000(size=128)

Thank you all for your help in advance.

-Asad3ainJalout

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board