• Last Logged In: 09 May 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Asad3ainJalout
    RE: Getting Open Shot Movie Editor installed
    I had just entered the command sudo ./buildall.sh and the lines i posted above were the last lines id received. Id been running that command several times. Normally it would say "error get __________" so i would go and install _________ and rerun the command. It would than skip that step and continue on till it reached another dependency. When i received the terminal response [code]i_v4l2.c: In function ‘read_frame_read’: i_v4l2.c:526:10: error: ‘v4l2_t’ has no member named ‘converter’ make[2]: *** [i_v4l2.lo] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory /home/(the username)/Desktop/gmerlin-all-in-one-20120404/gmerlin/gmerlin-1.0.1.pre1/plugins/v4l2' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/home/(the username)/Desktop/gmerlin-all-in-one-20120404/gmerlin/gmerlin-1.0.1.pre1/plugins' make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1[/code] I tried to download and install v4l2_2 to no avail.
    Link to this post 09 May 12

I had just entered the command sudo ./buildall.sh and the lines i posted above were the last lines id received. Id been running that command several times. Normally it would say "error get __________" so i would go and install _________ and rerun the command. It would than skip that step and continue on till it reached another dependency. When i received the terminal response

i_v4l2.c: In function ‘read_frame_read’: i_v4l2.c:526:10: error: ‘v4l2_t’ has no member named ‘converter’ make[2]: *** [i_v4l2.lo] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory /home/(the username)/Desktop/gmerlin-all-in-one-20120404/gmerlin/gmerlin-1.0.1.pre1/plugins/v4l2' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/home/(the username)/Desktop/gmerlin-all-in-one-20120404/gmerlin/gmerlin-1.0.1.pre1/plugins' make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I tried to download and install v4l2_2 to no avail.

• Asad3ainJalout
    Getting Open Shot Movie Editor installed
    Been trying really hard to get this working. I am having trouble installing gmerlin. here is the code. i_v4l2.c: In function ‘read_frame_read’: i_v4l2.c:526:10: error: ‘v4l2_t’ has no member named ‘converter’ make[2]: *** [i_v4l2.lo] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory /home/(the username)/Desktop/gmerlin-all-in-one-20120404/gmerlin/gmerlin-1.0.1.pre1/plugins/v4l2' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/home/(the username)/Desktop/gmerlin-all-in-one-20120404/gmerlin/gmerlin-1.0.1.pre1/plugins' make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 I have been stuck installing gmerlin for a while now. It kept requiring things and i finally got everything but this nasty bugger. Any help is appreciated. I am using Linux Mint 12 at the moment. Thank you.
    Link to this post 09 May 12

Been trying really hard to get this working. I am having trouble installing gmerlin. here is the code.

i_v4l2.c: In function ‘read_frame_read’: i_v4l2.c:526:10: error: ‘v4l2_t’ has no member named ‘converter’ make[2]: *** [i_v4l2.lo] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory /home/(the username)/Desktop/gmerlin-all-in-one-20120404/gmerlin/gmerlin-1.0.1.pre1/plugins/v4l2' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/home/(the username)/Desktop/gmerlin-all-in-one-20120404/gmerlin/gmerlin-1.0.1.pre1/plugins' make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I have been stuck installing gmerlin for a while now. It kept requiring things and i finally got everything but this nasty bugger. Any help is appreciated.

I am using Linux Mint 12 at the moment.

Thank you.

• Asad3ainJalout
    RE: Wireless Internet is trolling me again.
    So I finally fixed it. I reset my router. I logged into linux. I was connected to the internet as if nothing had happend. Thank you all for your help. (it drove me nuts i even installed fedora to test it out.)
    Link to this post 20 Feb 12

So I finally fixed it. I reset my router. I logged into linux. I was connected to the internet as if nothing had happend.

Thank you all for your help.

(it drove me nuts i even installed fedora to test it out.)

• Asad3ainJalout
    When i scan i can see my network as well as a couple other networks. I will attempt to connect, but it merely says wireless internet disconnected.
    Link to this post 09 Feb 12

When i scan i can see my network as well as a couple other networks. I will attempt to connect, but it merely says wireless internet disconnected.

• Asad3ainJalout
    I went in and saw that the setting was set for automatic. There was no disabled option, the closest option to that was ignore. I selected that option, saved, disconnected, than attempted to reconnect with no results. P.S. On a side note I forgot to thank you for being the first person in 5 days to reply Thank you for your Help.
    Link to this post 08 Feb 12

I went in and saw that the setting was set for automatic. There was no disabled option, the closest option to that was ignore. I selected that option, saved, disconnected, than attempted to reconnect with no results.

P.S.
    On a side note I forgot to thank you for being the first person in 5 days to reply
    Thank you for your Help.

• Asad3ainJalout
    [color=Red]If it works at college, and not at home, are you using the same connection and security level that was set up for school?[/color] They were both automatic connections. [color=Red]Did you try redoing the wireless setup by scanning for the router in your home and setting up the password correctly so it connects to your home router?[/color] Yes, multiple times including putting in all of the information manually. [color=Red]Some of the Mods use Ubuntu, so, if you're patient, and, my answer didn't help, one of them might have more detailed instructions to help you.[/color] I moved off of ubuntu and am currently using LinuxMint12 [color=Red]It might also help if you run ifconfig in the terminal and post the results here. It might contain some hints as to why you're having the problem.[/color] These are the results from the ifconfig command, [code]eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr c8:0a:a9:85:61:ca UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B) Interrupt:43 lo Link encap:Local Loopback inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0 inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1 RX packets:28 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:28 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:0 RX bytes:1920 (1.9 KB) TX bytes:1920 (1.9 KB) wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 20:7c:8f:0c:61:dc inet6 addr: fe80::227c:8fff:fe0c:61dc/64 Scope:Link UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:24 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:220 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 RX bytes:3928 (3.9 KB) TX bytes:50287 (50.2 KB) [/code]
    Link to this post 07 Feb 12

If it works at college, and not at home, are you using the same connection and security level that was set up for school?
    They were both automatic connections.

Did you try redoing the wireless setup by scanning for the router in your home and setting up the password correctly so it connects to your home router?

Yes, multiple times including putting in all of the information manually.

Some of the Mods use Ubuntu, so, if you're patient, and, my answer didn't help, one of them might have more detailed instructions to help you.

I moved off of ubuntu and am currently using LinuxMint12

It might also help if you run ifconfig in the terminal and post the results here. It might contain some hints as to why you're having the problem.

These are the results from the ifconfig command,

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr c8:0a:a9:85:61:ca  
    UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
    RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
    Interrupt:43

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
    inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
    inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
    UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
    RX packets:28 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:28 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
    RX bytes:1920 (1.9 KB) TX bytes:1920 (1.9 KB)

wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 20:7c:8f:0c:61:dc
    inet6 addr: fe80::227c:8fff:fe0c:61dc/64 Scope:Link
    UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:24 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:220 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
    RX bytes:3928 (3.9 KB) TX bytes:50287 (50.2 KB)

• Asad3ainJalout
    Wireless Internet is trolling me again.
    So I asked for help on the Linux Mint forums and its been 2 full days so im asking over here. I hope you guys can help me. If you do not know how to help please give me links. Thank you Everything under this line is the original message. _______________________________________________________________________________ So I do need to explain from the very beginning. I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. It came pre-installed with windows 7 Home edition. That crashed and I ended up switching to Linux, as it happened I installed Ubuntu 10.10 at the time. Meanwhile I had fixed my windows and my laptop enjoyed a dual boot for about a year with wireless and Ethernet working perfectly for the longest time. Than my windows crashed again. I was forced to re-install, and with my warranty gone i was forced to buy Windows 7 Ultimate, and this is were the problem begins. After installing windows 7 with a 100 GB partition and Ubuntu (now 11.10) with a 200 GB partition. I noticed that while my Linux networking working just fine my windows 7 networking would not work at all. Being and Intermediate computer user i used my Linux to find the drivers manually, pass them over to my windows partition and install them. I rebooted into window 7 and huzzah my Ethernet works, from there it was a quick connection to automatically install my wireless driver. Here is were the peculiar thing happens. Now my Linux Operating systems networking will not work at all. I downgraded from Ubuntu 11.10 to 10.10. After that being futile and getting sick of path Ubuntu was taking I switched to Linux Mint. Still the same problem. Now here is were the trolling part comes in. When i go to my college campus my wireless Internet works perfectly fine (Ethernet not tested). I come home and none work. Please help. Here are the results to [code]Sudo lshw -C networking[/code] [code]PCI (sysfs) *-network description: Wireless interface product: RTL8191SEvB Wireless LAN Controller vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. physical id: 0 bus info: pci@0000:02:00.0 logical name: wlan0 version: 10 serial: 20:7c:8f:0c:61:dc width: 32 bits clock: 33MHz capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rtl819xSE driverversion=0017.0507.2010 firmware=63 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=802.11bg resources: irq:16 ioport:7000(size=256) memory:f3100000-f3103fff *-network description: Ethernet interface product: AR8152 v1.1 Fast Ethernet vendor: Atheros Communications physical id: 0 bus info: pci@0000:08:00.0 logical name: eth0 version: c1 serial: c8:0a:a9:85:61:ca capacity: 100MB/s width: 64 bits clock: 33MHz capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vpd bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd autonegotiation configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=atl1c driverversion=1.0.0.2-NAPI firmware=N/A latency=0 link=no multicast=yes port=twisted pair resources: irq:43 memory:f3000000-f303ffff ioport:6000(size=128)[/code] Thank you all for your help in advance. -Asad3ainJalout
    Link to this post 06 Feb 12

So I asked for help on the Linux Mint forums and its been 2 full days so im asking over here. I hope you guys can help me. If you do not know how to help please give me links. Thank you
    Everything under this line is the original message.
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    So I do need to explain from the very beginning.

I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. It came pre-installed with windows 7 Home edition. That crashed and I ended up switching to Linux, as it happened I installed Ubuntu 10.10 at the time. Meanwhile I had fixed my windows and my laptop enjoyed a dual boot for about a year with wireless and Ethernet working perfectly for the longest time. Than my windows crashed again. I was forced to re-install, and with my warranty gone i was forced to buy Windows 7 Ultimate, and this is were the problem begins.

After installing windows 7 with a 100 GB partition and Ubuntu (now 11.10) with a 200 GB partition. I noticed that while my Linux networking working just fine my windows 7 networking would not work at all. Being and Intermediate computer user i used my Linux to find the drivers manually, pass them over to my windows partition and install them. I rebooted into window 7 and huzzah my Ethernet works, from there it was a quick connection to automatically install my wireless driver.

Here is were the peculiar thing happens. Now my Linux Operating systems networking will not work at all. I downgraded from Ubuntu 11.10 to 10.10. After that being futile and getting sick of path Ubuntu was taking I switched to Linux Mint. Still the same problem. Now here is were the trolling part comes in.

When i go to my college campus my wireless Internet works perfectly fine (Ethernet not tested). I come home and none work. Please help.

Here are the results to

Sudo lshw -C networking

PCI (sysfs)  
    *-network
    description: Wireless interface
    product: RTL8191SEvB Wireless LAN Controller
    vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
    physical id: 0
    bus info: pci@0000:02:00.0
    logical name: wlan0
    version: 10
    serial: 20:7c:8f:0c:61:dc
    width: 32 bits
    clock: 33MHz
    capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
    configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rtl819xSE driverversion=0017.0507.2010 firmware=63 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=802.11bg
    resources: irq:16 ioport:7000(size=256) memory:f3100000-f3103fff
    *-network
    description: Ethernet interface
    product: AR8152 v1.1 Fast Ethernet
    vendor: Atheros Communications
    physical id: 0
    bus info: pci@0000:08:00.0
    logical name: eth0
    version: c1
    serial: c8:0a:a9:85:61:ca
    capacity: 100MB/s
    width: 64 bits
    clock: 33MHz
    capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vpd bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd autonegotiation
    configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=atl1c driverversion=1.0.0.2-NAPI firmware=N/A latency=0 link=no multicast=yes port=twisted pair
    resources: irq:43 memory:f3000000-f303ffff ioport:6000(size=128)

Thank you all for your help in advance.

-Asad3ainJalout

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board