• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 18 Feb 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • jeep
    Introduction + what's up with Linux Ultimate OS website?
    Hello, I'm a Linux noob and I'm currently trying out several distros in a multi-boot system on two hard drives. I know nothing at all about the command-prompt... any time I've had to use the terminal for anything, I've been lucky to get help at one of the forums, and people have given me commands to copy-and paste ;-) I have a 120 Gb Crucial C-300 SSD that has my Win 7 Pro and Win 8 Developer's Preview, and on a 1 TB Caviar Black I have Mint 12 Gnome, Mint 12 KDE, Zorin 5.2 (which I like a lot!), and Ubuntu 11.1 (which I don't really care for.) I also have a partition reserved for Ultimate OS. I had Ultimate 3.0 installed and took it off for some reason... even though I really liked it too. The last I saw their website, there was a tease about Ultimate OS 3.0.1. But for a couple of weeks now, their site has been down. Does anyone have any info about what's going on there? Thanks, jeep
    Link to this post 18 Feb 12

Hello,

I'm a Linux noob and I'm currently trying out several distros in a multi-boot system on two hard drives.
    I know nothing at all about the command-prompt... any time I've had to use the terminal for anything, I've been lucky to get help at one of the forums, and people have given me commands to copy-and paste ;-)

I have a 120 Gb Crucial C-300 SSD that has my Win 7 Pro and Win 8 Developer's Preview, and on a 1 TB Caviar Black I have Mint 12 Gnome, Mint 12 KDE, Zorin 5.2 (which I like a lot!), and Ubuntu 11.1 (which I don't really care for.)

I also have a partition reserved for Ultimate OS. I had Ultimate 3.0 installed and took it off for some reason... even though I really liked it too. The last I saw their website, there was a tease about Ultimate OS 3.0.1. But for a couple of weeks now, their site has been down.

Does anyone have any info about what's going on there?

Thanks,
    jeep

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board