• Last Logged In: 25 Feb 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Switchingfromwindows
    What is Best Distro for Toshiba Satellite P100
    Hi there, I'm totally new to Linux (a couple of hours lol). Wanting to switch from Windows XP on my Toshiba Satellite P100. Specs: INtel CPU T2400 @ 1.8GHz with 1GB Ram. I use laptop for document creation, spreadsheets, web surfing and email. I want quick, easy and stable install that looks and works like windows. I have tried Ubuntu on a dual boot off USB. It looked and worked great but was more Mac like. I have Zorin on desktop and really like but can't get it to operate on my laptop. Is there another distro looking more windows like, works great, very stable and will not require any of my time to configure. Thanks
    Link to this post 25 Feb 12

Hi there,

I'm totally new to Linux (a couple of hours lol). Wanting to switch from Windows XP on my Toshiba Satellite P100. Specs: INtel CPU T2400 @ 1.8GHz with 1GB Ram. I use laptop for document creation, spreadsheets, web surfing and email. I want quick, easy and stable install that looks and works like windows. I have tried Ubuntu on a dual boot off USB. It looked and worked great but was more Mac like. I have Zorin on desktop and really like but can't get it to operate on my laptop. Is there another distro looking more windows like, works great, very stable and will not require any of my time to configure.

Thanks

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board