• Last Logged In: 06 Mar 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • navaneethvg
    lynx browser installation
    Hi All, I wanted to install lynx browser on a MAC machine 9.8.0 darwin kernel version. I have the package (2.8.7) and i have untar it while i run ./configure I am getting the below issue checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin9.8.0 checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin9.8.0 checking target system type... i386-apple-darwin9.8.0 Configuring for darwin9.8.0 checking for DESTDIR... checking for gcc... no checking for cc... no checking for cc... no checking for cl... no configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH I am a kind of beginner in linux. Please advice ASAP as i stuck with a critical delivery. :(
    Link to this post 06 Mar 12

Hi All,

I wanted to install lynx browser on a MAC machine 9.8.0 darwin kernel version.
    I have the package (2.8.7) and i have untar it
    while i run ./configure
    I am getting the below issue
    checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin9.8.0
    checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin9.8.0
    checking target system type... i386-apple-darwin9.8.0
    Configuring for darwin9.8.0
    checking for DESTDIR...
    checking for gcc... no
    checking for cc... no
    checking for cc... no
    checking for cl... no
    configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
    I am a kind of beginner in linux.
    Please advice ASAP as i stuck with a critical delivery. :(

• navaneethvg
    Access and permissions (uid &gid)
    Hi All, I have a requirement in which i have to change uid and gid of a local user in mac machine through terminal. I have the admin rights in the server. I am not suppose to delete the user.and add it . Please advice. Thanks in advance, navaneeth
    Link to this post 28 Feb 12

Hi All,

I have a requirement in which i have to change uid and gid of a local user in mac machine through terminal.
    I have the admin rights in the server. I am not suppose to delete the user.and add it .

Please advice.

Thanks in advance,
    navaneeth

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board