• Last Logged In: 30 Mar 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • darioc86
    RE: Help on SD Boot Partition
    I have found the solution. As you said, the script was wrong. So I used fdisk and made partition manually. I found a guide for partitioning. Tank's for your help
    Link to this post 30 Mar 12

I have found the solution. As you said, the script was wrong. So I used fdisk and made partition manually. I found a guide for partitioning.

Tank's for your help

• darioc86
    Help on SD Boot Partition
    hello! I have to install a OS on a beagleboard whit SD boot. I used a procedure that I found on the net. It says: PREPARING SD-CARD ----------------- Download mkcard.sh from: http://gitorious.org/beagleboard-validation/scripts/trees/60f43aeb22e5ce799eda06c82e7d36d3f04cf7d2 Format & partition the sd-card at /dev/sdb (the actual drive mounts listed here may be different on your host system) $sudo $Beagleboard/binaries/mkcard.sh /dev/sdb This creates two partitions: /dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdb2, which are FAT32 and ext2 file formats respectively. I made that. It creats two partition as it says but if I unmount and then insert again the SD Reader in the USB port the OS (Ubuntu 11.10) don't read the card. If I try with Windows it says that support is not formatted. Is it right? Infact, when I insert the microSD in the Beagleboard, the Beagle doesn't read the card. haw can I crate a Boot partition on SD card that work? Thank's for help and sorry for my english!
    Link to this post 29 Mar 12

hello!
    I have to install a OS on a beagleboard whit SD boot.
    I used a procedure that I found on the net. It says:

PREPARING SD-CARD
    -----------------
    Download mkcard.sh from:
    http://gitorious.org/beagleboard-validation/scripts/trees/60f43aeb22e5ce799eda06c82e7d36d3f04cf7d2

Format & partition the sd-card at /dev/sdb
    (the actual drive mounts listed here may be different on your host system)
    $sudo $Beagleboard/binaries/mkcard.sh /dev/sdb

This creates two partitions: /dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdb2, which are FAT32 and ext2 file formats respectively.

I made that. It creats two partition as it says but if I unmount and then insert again the SD Reader in the USB port the OS (Ubuntu 11.10) don't read the card. If I try with Windows it says that support is not formatted. Is it right?

Infact, when I insert the microSD in the Beagleboard, the Beagle doesn't read the card.
    haw can I crate a Boot partition on SD card that work?

Thank's for help and sorry for my english!

• darioc86
    RE: Someone can Help me with make file compiling?
    I was using a wrong path. It was the problem. Thankyou!
    Link to this post 29 Mar 12

I was using a wrong path. It was the problem.
    Thankyou!

• darioc86
    Someone can Help me with make file compiling?
    Hello! I need to compile a Kernel Angstrom and then install it on a Beagleboard. So I must install a compiler arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc and make a makefile to compile the kernel. But when I try it the terminal give me an error message: "make: arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc: command not found". arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc is in a Dyrectory that i know. How can I say to makefile where is the command arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc? Must I put it in a particular directory? Thankyou for help P.S.: Sorry for my terrible English
    Link to this post 28 Mar 12

Hello!
    I need to compile a Kernel Angstrom and then install it on a Beagleboard. So I must install a compiler arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc and make a makefile to compile the kernel.
    But when I try it the terminal give me an error message: "make: arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc: command not found".
    arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc is in a Dyrectory that i know. How can I say to makefile where is the command arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc? Must I put it in a particular directory?

Thankyou for help

P.S.: Sorry for my terrible English

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board