• Last Logged In: 17 Apr 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • BigJon
    RE: forum doesnt work with IE9
    Its refreshing to read comments by people who care. Some websites and forums take ages to even recognise a problem (then blame microsoft, users, addons, etc). So well done, and i hope it all works out. Next time i'm in the office i'll try a new thread, if no one beats me to it. Cheers, Jon
    Link to this post 17 Apr 12

Its refreshing to read comments by people who care.
    Some websites and forums take ages to even recognise a problem (then blame microsoft, users, addons, etc).

So well done, and i hope it all works out.

Next time i'm in the office i'll try a new thread, if no one beats me to it.
    Cheers, Jon

• BigJon
    RE: Installing on a very old laptop
    Thanks for the reply. Do you (or anyone else) have a thought on the best distribution to put on an old pc? My main concern is drivers. All i need is notepad and simple GUI to start with... THanks.
    Link to this post 13 Apr 12

Thanks for the reply.

Do you (or anyone else) have a thought on the best distribution to put on an old pc?
    My main concern is drivers.

All i need is notepad and simple GUI to start with...

THanks.

• BigJon
    RE: forum doesnt work with IE9
    Thanks for the replies. Using alternatives to IE9, or changing the default settings, is not an option. As all webdesigners know, sites simply have to work with what people have... Good luck and godspeed.
    Link to this post 13 Apr 12

Thanks for the replies.
    Using alternatives to IE9, or changing the default settings, is not an option.

As all webdesigners know, sites simply have to work with what people have...

Good luck and godspeed.

• BigJon
    Installing on a very old laptop
    Hi, i'm new to all this linux stuff, and i'm trying to breath some new life into an old Toshiba 3110CT laptop. Its a P2, 128MB ram, 4GB harddrive and from what i've read i think i'd like to go with macpup - unless anyone has reasons not to... Now the question is, how do i do a network install? A few years back i managed to squeeze windows xp onto this thing, but its just too slow. It will not boot from CD or USB. any suggestions / links / etc ?? Thanks.
    Link to this post 28 Mar 12

Hi, i'm new to all this linux stuff, and i'm trying to breath some new life into an old Toshiba 3110CT laptop.

Its a P2, 128MB ram, 4GB harddrive
    and from what i've read i think i'd like to go with macpup - unless anyone has reasons not to...

Now the question is, how do i do a network install?

A few years back i managed to squeeze windows xp onto this thing, but its just too slow.
    It will not boot from CD or USB.

any suggestions / links / etc ??
    Thanks.

• BigJon
    forum doesnt work with IE9
    I thought you might like to know this forum does not work with IE9. It is not possible to leave a message / start a new topic... Anti-Microsoft comments are NOT welcome.
    Link to this post 28 Mar 12

I thought you might like to know this forum does not work with IE9. It is not possible to leave a message / start a new topic...

Anti-Microsoft comments are NOT welcome.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board