• Last Logged In: 08 Apr 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Elvis
    RE: AvLinux - nVidia GeForce560 HDMI - No Sound
    Using PulseAudio will not work for me due to the fact that I use multi tracking for sound and PulseAudio does not handle multi tracking properly. I'm a musician and I use Ardour for recording all are tracks for mixing down our songs. I do want to thank you for getting back to me, it looks like this site is not big on helping or is it because I have one of those problems that is so difficult. or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. Well thanks for getting back to me. Just to let you know I have made some progress and I do have some sound. But I also have other problels to over come, like, it can't see my CD/DVD/BluRay deive, or my network printer. So I still have some work cut out forr me. Elvis
    Link to this post 08 Apr 12

Using PulseAudio will not work for me due to the fact that I use multi tracking for sound and PulseAudio does not handle multi tracking properly. I'm a musician and I use Ardour for recording all are tracks for mixing down our songs.
    I do want to thank you for getting back to me, it looks like this site is not big on helping or is it because I have one of those problems that is so difficult. or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.
    Well thanks for getting back to me.

Just to let you know I have made some progress and I do have some sound. But I also have other problels to over come, like, it can't see my CD/DVD/BluRay deive, or my network printer. So I still have some work cut out forr me.
    Elvis

• Elvis
    AvLinux - nVidia GeForce560 HDMI - No Sound
    [b]My system:[/b] [u]Asus[/u] p8z68deluxe/gen3 w/Intel i7 chip and 16gb of ram, also a wd sata drv 1tband a dvd/bluray writer cd player and anVidia GeForce560 GTX Ti 1040 Graphics Card using the HDMI for Video and Sound going thru my Pioneer Receiver for speakers. Could the motherboard be a problem? [b]Operating system:[/b] DualBoot; Windows 7 and [b]AV-Linux 5.0.3[/b], But the only way I could get av5 to boot off the CD or to Install on my hard drive was to enter thisbit of code “[b]pci=noacpi acpi=off[/b]”without the quotation marks, why? I would like to know, But it works. Because of the code, do I not have my pci slots. The Problem is av5, I have NO SOUND and av5 can't see the CD player, also av5 can't see my network printer HP Office jet pro 8600 plus Windows on thee other hand works great,and that's what my wife likes to use for her stuff. I gave up my Apple and ProTools because I saw Ardour and liked what I saw. But? I have some logs on "http://pastebin.com/u/Elvisb" Thanks Elvis
    Link to this post 03 Apr 12

My system: Asus p8z68deluxe/gen3 w/Intel i7 chip and 16gb of ram, also a wd sata drv 1tband a dvd/bluray writer cd player and anVidia GeForce560 GTX Ti 1040 Graphics Card using the HDMI for Video and Sound going thru my Pioneer Receiver for speakers. Could the motherboard be a problem?

Operating system: DualBoot; Windows 7 and AV-Linux 5.0.3, But the only way I could get av5 to boot off the CD or to Install on my hard drive was to enter thisbit of code “pci=noacpi acpi=off”without the quotation marks, why? I would like to know, But it works. Because of the code, do I not have my pci slots.

The Problem is av5, I have NO SOUND and av5 can't see the CD player, also av5 can't see my network printer HP Office jet pro 8600 plus

Windows on thee other hand works great,and that's what my wife likes to use for her stuff.

I gave up my Apple and ProTools because I saw Ardour and liked what I saw. But?
    I have some logs on "http://pastebin.com/u/Elvisb"
    Thanks
    Elvis

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board