• Last Logged In: 19 Apr 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • KarenB
    RE: double spacing
    Thank you so much for the help. I have no idea why but it's now working. Rather red faced now. This has been a problem for weeks, and after going in and out of every cups file, making changes, restarting services, something I did corrected it. Sorry for inconveniencing you.
    Link to this post 19 Apr 12

Thank you so much for the help. I have no idea why but it's now working. Rather red faced now. This has been a problem for weeks, and after going in and out of every cups file, making changes, restarting services, something I did corrected it.

Sorry for inconveniencing you.

• KarenB
    RE: double spacing
    Thank you so much for the reply. I don't often receive answers for posted questions. I did compare the lpoptions and while the Centos lists everything, the Red Hat only lists the changes I made from default. The following is the output of lpoptions for the problem printer. media=Letter finishings=3 page-bottom=36 cpi=18 page-right=36 page-left=36 page-top=36 scaling=100 lpi=7 wrap=true number-up=1 copies=1 job-hold-until=no-hold job-priority=50 auth-info-required=none job-sheets=none,none printer-info='Ricoh 3045' printer-is-accepting-jobs=1 printer-is-shared=1 printer-location='Printer 03 General Ricoh 3045' printer-make-and-model='Generic PCL 6/PCL XL Printer Foomatic/pxlmono (recommended)' printer-state=3 printer-state-change-time=1334691515 printer-state-reasons=none printer-type=143372
    Link to this post 19 Apr 12

Thank you so much for the reply. I don't often receive answers for posted questions. I did compare the lpoptions and while the Centos lists everything, the Red Hat only lists the changes I made from default.

The following is the output of lpoptions for the problem printer.
    media=Letter finishings=3 page-bottom=36 cpi=18 page-right=36 page-left=36 page-top=36 scaling=100 lpi=7 wrap=true number-up=1 copies=1 job-hold-until=no-hold job-priority=50 auth-info-required=none job-sheets=none,none printer-info='Ricoh 3045' printer-is-accepting-jobs=1 printer-is-shared=1 printer-location='Printer 03 General Ricoh 3045' printer-make-and-model='Generic PCL 6/PCL XL Printer Foomatic/pxlmono (recommended)' printer-state=3 printer-state-change-time=1334691515 printer-state-reasons=none printer-type=143372

• KarenB
    double spacing
    I have two servers, one running Red Hat, the other (new) running Centos. I have set up all my printers and when printing from my software, everything is fine. But when I print from a line command on the Centos server, all the files double space. Totally baffled. I'm just doing a standard lp command, no frills. The same command on the Red Hat works as I expected. I thought maybe there was something different with Centos, and it was using the -d as double space as per the pr command, but even without this, it still double spaces. I've tried just lp, as well as lp -d printername filename. Thanks for any help
    Link to this post 17 Apr 12

I have two servers, one running Red Hat, the other (new) running Centos. I have set up all my printers and when printing from my software, everything is fine. But when I print from a line command on the Centos server, all the files double space.

Totally baffled. I'm just doing a standard lp command, no frills. The same command on the Red Hat works as I expected. I thought maybe there was something different with Centos, and it was using the -d as double space as per the pr command, but even without this, it still double spaces. I've tried just lp, as well as lp -d printername filename.

Thanks for any help

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board