• Last Logged In: 16 May 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Barter
    RE: Dell Studio 1745 Drivers
    Hi thanks for your replies I tried installing paprefs , paman and pavucontrol but cant find any settings in there that look like they should disable it. I will have another play later and let you know how I get on! Thanks Chris
    Link to this post 16 May 12

Hi thanks for your replies I tried installing paprefs , paman and pavucontrol but cant find any settings in there that look like they should disable it. I will have another play later and let you know how I get on!

Thanks

Chris

• Barter
    RE: Dell Studio 1745 Drivers
    I'm not sure if it helped but I added options snd-hda-intel in the /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf When I go to System settings - Audio It changes from Speakers to Headphones as I plug them in and out and I do now have sound from the internal speakers but still nothing out of the headphone jack!? Chris
    Link to this post 14 May 12

I'm not sure if it helped but I added

options snd-hda-intel in the /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

When I go to System settings - Audio It changes from Speakers to Headphones as I plug them in and out and I do now have sound from the internal speakers but still nothing out of the headphone jack!?

Chris

• Barter
    Dell Studio 1745 Drivers
    Hi I am new to Linux and have recently installed a copy of Ubuntu 12 onto my Dell Studio 1745 multiboot with a copy of Windows 7 Pro. I currently have no sound at all from the speakers or headphones so I don't think I have the audio driver installed. So my question really is where can I find these drivers and how do I install them? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Chris
    Link to this post 14 May 12

Hi I am new to Linux and have recently installed a copy of Ubuntu 12 onto my Dell Studio 1745 multiboot with a copy of Windows 7 Pro.
    I currently have no sound at all from the speakers or headphones so I don't think I have the audio driver installed. So my question really is where can I find these drivers and how do I install them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Chris

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board