• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 11 Feb 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • mirazhaojing
    How to solve the "Invalid Encoding" issue in WINE?
    I want to install a Simplified Chinese application software (I need it badly which was running well in Windows Vista) in WINE in Ubuntu 9.04. After I installed it, it could be run BUT it also said "Invalid Encoding" and display messy words that are not Simplified Chinese. My question: is it possible for me to set the environment of WINE to support the Simplified Chinese application, just like the Ubuntu 9.04 itself can display Simplified Chinese menus after I install the language package from Language Support? In WINE, I set the environment both "Use global setting" and "Windows Vista" for the application but both still have that "Invalid Encoding" problem. Thanks lot!
    Link to this post 22 May 09

I want to install a Simplified Chinese application software (I need it badly which was running well in Windows Vista) in WINE in Ubuntu 9.04. After I installed it, it could be run BUT it also said "Invalid Encoding" and display messy words that are not Simplified Chinese. My question: is it possible for me to set the environment of WINE to support the Simplified Chinese application, just like the Ubuntu 9.04 itself can display Simplified Chinese menus after I install the language package from Language Support? In WINE, I set the environment both "Use global setting" and "Windows Vista" for the application but both still have that "Invalid Encoding" problem. Thanks lot!

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board