• Last Logged In: 04 Jun 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • kaioshade
    RE: Help with BCM4306 Wireless
    iwconfig reports wlan0 as being there. and dmesg shows the bcm43xx driver being loaded. yet when i go to network management i only see wired. this is driving me crazy. ive been at it for 6 hours now.
    Link to this post 04 Jun 09

iwconfig reports wlan0 as being there. and dmesg shows the bcm43xx driver being loaded.

yet when i go to network management i only see wired.

this is driving me crazy. ive been at it for 6 hours now.

• kaioshade
    Help with BCM4306 Wireless
    I have been hitting my head against a wall trying to get the wireless working with this card. Unfortunately i use a HP laptop which locks to this card, so simply putting another one in is not a very feasible option. I installed the b43-fwcutter, extracted the firmware, rebooted the machine. I am still unable to connect to anything, and nothing shows up in nm-applet for wireless networks. I am beyond confused. I am still very much new to this so any help is appreciated.
    Link to this post 04 Jun 09

I have been hitting my head against a wall trying to get the wireless working with this card. Unfortunately i use a HP laptop which locks to this card, so simply putting another one in is not a very feasible option.

I installed the b43-fwcutter, extracted the firmware, rebooted the machine. I am still unable to connect to anything, and nothing shows up in nm-applet for wireless networks. I am beyond confused.

I am still very much new to this so any help is appreciated.

• kaioshade
    RE: Why Linux ! !
    Linux for me has always been a mild curiosity. I have always enjoyed the freedom and the amount of things you can do to your software installation. It appeals to my tinkerer nature and keeps me learning new and interesting things. I still have a long way to go before i am considered "good" with Linux, but the journey so far has been amazing, if not sometimes frustrating.
    Link to this post 18 May 09

Linux for me has always been a mild curiosity. I have always enjoyed the freedom and the amount of things you can do to your software installation. It appeals to my tinkerer nature and keeps me learning new and interesting things. I still have a long way to go before i am considered "good" with Linux, but the journey so far has been amazing, if not sometimes frustrating.

• kaioshade
    RE: Linux Babies ! ! !
    I have dabbled with Linux to varying degrees, but i am still very much a baby. I hope to change this within the next year. I have mostly used Debian for my boxes, but have tried Slackware and Fedora. I still have lots to learn.
    Link to this post 18 May 09

I have dabbled with Linux to varying degrees, but i am still very much a baby. I hope to change this within the next year. I have mostly used Debian for my boxes, but have tried Slackware and Fedora. I still have lots to learn.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board