• Last Logged In: 27 Jul 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Digi
    RE: Auditd and AUReport
    Thanks GoinEasy, Im having a look through it, just not having luck at the moment :( BUT I shall prevail bwahahahaa. Ill post the solution here too if i figure it out.
    Link to this post 27 Jul 12

Thanks GoinEasy,

Im having a look through it, just not having luck at the moment :( BUT I shall prevail bwahahahaa.

Ill post the solution here too if i figure it out.

• Digi
    Auditd and AUReport
    Hey there Guys / Girls, I hope I can get a lil help, looking around I havent had luck as yet on getting this. I have setup sever file watches using the auditd service. and they definately are working how I would like. the issue I have is 2 fold, 1stly aureport generated the log in a decent to read format, however I want the aureport -f to include the auid in the report, can I add it somehow? 2ndly I want to trigger a Email on certain alerts. For example I audit the /home/root folder and the /etc/* selection now I want a alert to trigger for the /etc/* alerts to send (preferably in nice readable format) to myself. My Linux skills are still much to my dismay very very low but I is learning slowly :D *Oh Side note, Im doing this through Command line, dont want to enable grub or anything.
    Link to this post 25 Jul 12

Hey there Guys / Girls,

I hope I can get a lil help, looking around I havent had luck as yet on getting this.

I have setup sever file watches using the auditd service. and they definately are working how I would like.
    the issue I have is 2 fold,

1stly aureport generated the log in a decent to read format, however I want the aureport -f to include the auid in the report, can I add it somehow?

2ndly I want to trigger a Email on certain alerts.
    For example I audit the /home/root folder and the /etc/* selection now I want a alert to trigger for the /etc/* alerts to send (preferably in nice readable format) to myself.

My Linux skills are still much to my dismay very very low but I is learning slowly :D

*Oh Side note, Im doing this through Command line, dont want to enable grub or anything.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board