• Last Logged In: 08 Sep 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • gunbuster363
    RE: Need help choosing linux distro
    Hi guys I've mess with Linux Mint 13 Mate for a few days. At first it is okay but I found it lack way to configure it. For example, I am getting slightly mad when I found that I can't edit the size of my scroll bar. Can you recommend another easy to use Linux Distro which is user friendly? By the way I think Linux Mint is okay but I need more customizable configuration.
    Link to this post 08 Sep 12

Hi guys I've mess with Linux Mint 13 Mate for a few days.

At first it is okay but I found it lack way to configure it. For example, I am getting slightly mad when I found that I can't edit the size of my scroll bar.

Can you recommend another easy to use Linux Distro which is user friendly? By the way I think Linux Mint is okay but I need more customizable configuration.

• gunbuster363
    Need help choosing linux distro
    Hi guys I am new here. I had used OpenSuSe back in the school but now I use Win xp usually. I feel the whole bunch of windows stuff are overwhelming my PC ( e.g: Silverlight, Visual C++ stuff ). I am wondering if I use linux, I could have better performance with my PC. However, I realized that many linux distro came after win xp, so the performance with regards to low end pc MIGHT not be that great. I like linux because it is free and kinda cool. Would you help to give some light here? I need moderate user-friendly environment ( similar to XP, easy access with mouse and keyboard ), normal GUI experience ( no need to be fancy stuff, just stick to the level of win xp is okay ), easy installation especially dual boot install after having a win xp in the hard drive ( So that it wont screw up my pc ). I might do some python/ruby programming. The usage is watch video and music, it better to have good support for different video format. Should be able to play rmvb. Could you give reasons for your suggestion? P.S. CPU : AMD Phenom II X3 710 RAM: DDR2 2Gb 800+ Hz Ram X 2 MB: ASROCK VIDEO CARD: ATI HD4830
    Link to this post 28 Aug 12

Hi guys I am new here.

I had used OpenSuSe back in the school but now I use Win xp usually. I feel the whole bunch of windows stuff are overwhelming my PC ( e.g: Silverlight, Visual C++ stuff ). I am wondering if I use linux, I could have better performance with my PC. However, I realized that many linux distro came after win xp, so the performance with regards to low end pc MIGHT not be that great.

I like linux because it is free and kinda cool.

Would you help to give some light here?

I need moderate user-friendly environment ( similar to XP, easy access with mouse and keyboard ), normal GUI experience ( no need to be fancy stuff, just stick to the level of win xp is okay ), easy installation especially dual boot install after having a win xp in the hard drive ( So that it wont screw up my pc ). I might do some python/ruby programming. The usage is watch video and music, it better to have good support for different video format. Should be able to play rmvb.

Could you give reasons for your suggestion?

P.S.
    CPU : AMD Phenom II X3 710
    RAM: DDR2 2Gb 800+ Hz Ram X 2
    MB: ASROCK
    VIDEO CARD: ATI HD4830

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board