• Last Logged In: 30 Nov 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Devabbi
    acer netbook problems
    Morning! I have an old Dell PC that's running the latest version of Ubuntu, and I just bought an Acer Aspire One netbook. I'm having problems installing Ubuntu on it, and I'm pretty sure it's all in the fact that it has a teeny-tiny amount of memory (1G). I'm installing an extra memory module next week to fix that, so that's not my problem. What I really want to do is set up a network where the netbook would be able to access the PC. The netbook's primary function is going to be writing where I'm more comfortable. The PC has all of my writing, writing software, and music on it. I'm aiming to make it like a computer lab in a school, where one drive has all the fun stuff, but both systems can access and change them. Is this possible, or am I going to have to stick to USB sticks and google docs? Thanks for any help! :)
    Link to this post 30 Nov 12

Morning!

I have an old Dell PC that's running the latest version of Ubuntu, and I just bought an Acer Aspire One netbook. I'm having problems installing Ubuntu on it, and I'm pretty sure it's all in the fact that it has a teeny-tiny amount of memory (1G). I'm installing an extra memory module next week to fix that, so that's not my problem.

What I really want to do is set up a network where the netbook would be able to access the PC. The netbook's primary function is going to be writing where I'm more comfortable. The PC has all of my writing, writing software, and music on it. I'm aiming to make it like a computer lab in a school, where one drive has all the fun stuff, but both systems can access and change them.

Is this possible, or am I going to have to stick to USB sticks and google docs?

Thanks for any help! :)

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board