• Last Logged In: 05 Dec 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • TisLars
    Linux distro (College/Development)
    Hello, I am currently following a college (4 years to go) about Software Development. The following programs will be mainly used on my laptop: Microsoft Office/Open Office; Java development (Eclipse software); Dropbox; Skype; Browsing. However, I am looking for a distro that is not to heavy. I don't need fancy desktop environment tools, as long as the desktop is clean and modern enough to use modern applications (for example; Skype). My laptop specifications: [list] [*] Intel core i5 processor [*] ATI Radeon 7730M, 2GB [*] 8GB RAM [/list] I tried Fendora, but GNOME 3 is not my cup of tea. Perhaps you can tweak the environment to make it more clean and faster. Thanks in advance.
    Link to this post 30 Nov 12

Hello,

I am currently following a college (4 years to go) about Software Development. The following programs will be mainly used on my laptop:

Microsoft Office/Open Office;
    Java development (Eclipse software);
    Dropbox;
    Skype;
    Browsing.

However, I am looking for a distro that is not to heavy. I don't need fancy desktop environment tools, as long as the desktop is clean and modern enough to use modern applications (for example; Skype).

My laptop specifications:

• Intel core i5 processor

• ATI Radeon 7730M, 2GB

• 8GB RAM

I tried Fendora, but GNOME 3 is not my cup of tea. Perhaps you can tweak the environment to make it more clean and faster.

Thanks in advance.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board