• Last Logged In: 02 Feb 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • a55h4t
    RE: Using Linux to fix Windows
    Just my 2 cents. Before you get into using some type of Linux live CD to attempt to solve an issue in a Windows installation you may want to come up with some more specifics on the issue. A Linux live CD may save your butt in some areas but not all.
    Link to this post 02 Jun 09

Just my 2 cents.

Before you get into using some type of Linux live CD to attempt to solve an issue in a Windows installation you may want to come up with some more specifics on the issue. A Linux live CD may save your butt in some areas but not all.

• a55h4t
    RE: Buy a windows game, get the Linux edition for free
    As a gamer I really like this idea. I play a few games that I have purchased through the Steam platform and the great thing about Steam is you can only be logged into your Steam account once, which helps cut down on piracy, but I can have my game on multiple computers. If I could have my game both on my Windows box and my Linux box but only be logged into one at a time would be great. From a business stand point the question is are there enough positives to override the negatives of producing games for Linux? Not being in the industry I can't answer that question.
    Link to this post 02 Jun 09

As a gamer I really like this idea. I play a few games that I have purchased through the Steam platform and the great thing about Steam is you can only be logged into your Steam account once, which helps cut down on piracy, but I can have my game on multiple computers. If I could have my game both on my Windows box and my Linux box but only be logged into one at a time would be great.

From a business stand point the question is are there enough positives to override the negatives of producing games for Linux? Not being in the industry I can't answer that question.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board