Post Preview
Posted
  • devkhadka
    RE: LaTeX - Why and for what?
    i have never tried it b4 .... em sure going to try it now
    Link to this post 13 Jul 09

i have never tried it b4 .... em sure going to try it now

• devkhadka
    RE: replacing windows me(technical doubt)
    [b]adorers wrote:[/b] [quote]i have a IBM thinkpad laptop having configuration(windows me) LESS THAN 64Mb ram,10GB hard disk,intel celeron . Recently i purchased wireless internet connection....so i found out that it needs atleast windows 2000 to install/run . So can you suggest me the correct linux version so that i can download and use it . Thank you JOEL.J.KALLUNGAL[/quote] Go through this http://linux.com/learn/docs/ldp/406-4mb-laptops
    Link to this post 18 Jun 09

adorers wrote:

i have a IBM thinkpad laptop having configuration(windows me) LESS THAN 64Mb ram,10GB hard disk,intel celeron . Recently i purchased wireless internet connection....so i found out that
    it needs atleast windows 2000 to install/run . So can you suggest me the correct linux version so that i can download and use it .

Thank you
    JOEL.J.KALLUNGAL

Go through this http://linux.com/learn/docs/ldp/406-4mb-laptops

• devkhadka
    RE: portable linux
    [b]thehappypenguin wrote:[/b] [quote]Can someone please recommend a good portable linux that can be carried around on a flash drive. I also don't want it to install anything on the the computer concerned. It also has to be free (eg. not Mandriva Flash)[/quote] I think u better try fedora live usb http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/USBHowTo
    Link to this post 17 Jun 09

thehappypenguin wrote:

Can someone please recommend a good portable linux that can be carried around on a flash drive. I also don't want it to install anything on the the computer concerned. It also has to be free (eg. not Mandriva Flash)

I think u better try fedora live usb
    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/USBHowTo

• devkhadka
    RE: Your Computer Specifications
    System Name DEV System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Compaq dx2300 Microtower System Type X86-based PC Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E4400 @2.00 GHz Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13 GenuineIntel ~1995 Mhz BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD MS7336 1.12, 5/13/2008 SMBIOS Version 2.4 Total Physical Memory 3,072.00 MB Available Physical Memory 2.29 GB Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
    Link to this post 17 Jun 09

System Name DEV
    System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    System Model HP Compaq dx2300 Microtower
    System Type X86-based PC
    Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU
    E4400 @2.00 GHz
    Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13 GenuineIntel ~1995 Mhz
    BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD MS7336 1.12, 5/13/2008
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Total Physical Memory 3,072.00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 2.29 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

• devkhadka
    RE: What do you think of This Forum Software
    me too think the body part is slightly small. so i request amins to increase the width of the body part and decrease the width of right panel
    Link to this post 12 Jun 09

me too think the body part is slightly small. so i request amins to increase the width of the body part and decrease the width of right panel

• devkhadka
    RE: The new Linux.com
    All the things are fine and interesting. There is no comment on the content and topics . i liked the way joomla configured for the site.
    Link to this post 12 Jun 09

All the things are fine and interesting. There is no comment on the content and topics . i liked the way joomla configured for the site.

• devkhadka
    RE: Should I Try Fedora?
    No software or a single page code too are never 100% bug free, so if you are thinking of to migrate from ubuntu to fedora due to the problems and bugs i think it is not a good idea. Fedora is not error free too . i have tried all the versions from 1to 9 and waiting for fc11. It is said that FC11 would be more stable than other prior distros but it wont be fully error free. and mind you get more knowledge about system when u get errors and bugs
    Link to this post 02 Jun 09

No software or a single page code too are never 100% bug free, so if you are thinking of to migrate from ubuntu to fedora due to the problems and bugs i think it is not a good idea. Fedora is not error free too . i have tried all the versions from 1to 9 and waiting for fc11.

It is said that FC11 would be more stable than other prior distros but it wont be fully error free. and mind you get more knowledge about system when u get errors and bugs

• devkhadka
    RE: List Your Favourite CLI Programs & Utilities
    grep ls ps mplayer vi ssh rdesktop df dd ......... n lots more
    Link to this post 26 May 09

grep
    ls
    ps
    mplayer
    vi
    ssh
    rdesktop
    df
    dd
    ......... n lots more

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board