• Last Logged In: 21 Feb 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • thicks
    RE: redhat 6.2 cluster
    Figured this one out... CLUSTAT showed that one of my cluster nodes was offline; the second node was attempting to recover the shared IP service, which was returning the Status Unknown 118 code because I had never gotten the service to work at this point. The reason my shared IP service wasn't starting / recovering was that I had set the "Netmask Bits" to the full netmask: 255.255.255.0 Really, it was looking for the bits of the netmask -- in this case, 24. After getting my first node back online and making this change to the netmask, my shared IP is working nicely.
    Link to this post 21 Feb 13

Figured this one out... CLUSTAT showed that one of my cluster nodes was offline; the second node was attempting to recover the shared IP service, which was returning the Status Unknown 118 code because I had never gotten the service to work at this point.

The reason my shared IP service wasn't starting / recovering was that I had set the "Netmask Bits" to the full netmask: 255.255.255.0

Really, it was looking for the bits of the netmask -- in this case, 24.

After getting my first node back online and making this change to the netmask, my shared IP is working nicely.

• thicks
    RE: redhat 6.2 cluster
    I'm having the same problem -- cluster is configured exactly as you describe but I can't get the shared IP resource to start. Unknown State 118. Did you ever figure this one out? ----------------------- [quote="karmellove"]Hello Experts, Please help me with the exact steps on configuring two node cluster on RHEL 6.2, I failed to configure the simplest cluster by below steps, 1- install RHEL 6.2 64-bit on both nodes 2- add to hosts file of each server ( 1 IP in local NW and another in IP private NW). x.x.x.x node1-pub z.z.z.z node2-pub y.y.y.y node1-pvt t.t.t.t node2-pvt 3- yum install ricci ( on both nodes ) 4- yum install luci ( on 1 node ) 5- yum groupinstall "high availability" ( on both nodes ) 6- from browser, node1-pub:8084 ( login and create new cluster ) give cluster name, nodes name are (node1-pvt),(node2-pvt) 7- cluster is UP with two nodes, so far. ======================================================== Now: 8- configure failover domain and select both nodes. 9- configure resource(IP) and give IP in same range of public network. 10- configure servicegroup and assign the failover domain and the IP resource to the servicegroup. 11- IP doesn't start. ========== Nov 24 02:59:37 rgmanager start on ip "10.10.4.223/255.255.255.0" returned 1 (generic error) Nov 24 02:59:37 rgmanager #68: Failed to start service:vip; return value: 1 Nov 24 02:59:37 rgmanager Stopping service service:vip Nov 24 02:59:37 rgmanager [ip] 10.10.4.223/255.255.255.0 is not configured Nov 24 02:59:37 rgmanager Service service:vip is recovering Nov 24 02:59:38 rgmanager #71: Relocating failed service service:vip ========== from luci i get this error Starting cluster "cluname" service "vip" from node "node1-pvt" failed: vip is in unknown state 118 what did i miss? please help. thanks[/quote]
    Link to this post 21 Feb 13

I'm having the same problem -- cluster is configured exactly as you describe but I can't get the shared IP resource to start. Unknown State 118.

Did you ever figure this one out?

-----------------------

karmellove said:

Hello Experts,

Please help me with the exact steps on configuring two node cluster on RHEL 6.2,
    I failed to configure the simplest cluster by below steps,

1- install RHEL 6.2 64-bit on both nodes
    2- add to hosts file of each server ( 1 IP in local NW and another in IP private NW).
    x.x.x.x node1-pub
    z.z.z.z node2-pub
    y.y.y.y node1-pvt
    t.t.t.t node2-pvt

3- yum install ricci ( on both nodes )
    4- yum install luci ( on 1 node )
    5- yum groupinstall "high availability" ( on both nodes )
    6- from browser, node1-pub:8084 ( login and create new cluster )
    give cluster name, nodes name are (node1-pvt),(node2-pvt)
    7- cluster is UP with two nodes, so far.
    ========================================================
    Now:
    8- configure failover domain and select both nodes.
    9- configure resource(IP) and give IP in same range of public network.
    10- configure servicegroup and assign the failover domain and the IP resource to the servicegroup.
    11- IP doesn't start.

==========
    Nov 24 02:59:37 rgmanager start on ip "10.10.4.223/255.255.255.0" returned 1 (generic error)
    Nov 24 02:59:37 rgmanager #68: Failed to start service:vip; return value: 1
    Nov 24 02:59:37 rgmanager Stopping service service:vip
    Nov 24 02:59:37 rgmanager [ip] 10.10.4.223/255.255.255.0 is not configured
    Nov 24 02:59:37 rgmanager Service service:vip is recovering
    Nov 24 02:59:38 rgmanager #71: Relocating failed service service:vip
    ==========
    from luci i get this error

Starting cluster "cluname" service "vip" from node "node1-pvt" failed: vip is in unknown state 118

what did i miss?

please help.

thanks

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board