• Last Logged In: 05 Jan

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Roguehorse
    RE: Need Help With Dual Boot Install.
    While I agree with all of the above posts with using virtualization over dual boot, I would actually suggest going in reverse order and installing your Linux choice as your host OS then installing Windows as your guest. The advantage to this is you get the native system protection Linux provides and Windows ends up in a sandbox environment in case it should become compromised as many Windows systems do. The other advantage to running Windows as a guest on a Linux host system is you become more and more used to using the system for the majority of your daily operating needs yet still have a Windows system to fall back on in case of compatibility issues with some interfacing devices such as GPS.
    Link to this post 15 Apr 13

While I agree with all of the above posts with using virtualization over dual boot, I would actually suggest going in reverse order and installing your Linux choice as your host OS then installing Windows as your guest. The advantage to this is you get the native system protection Linux provides and Windows ends up in a sandbox environment in case it should become compromised as many Windows systems do.

The other advantage to running Windows as a guest on a Linux host system is you become more and more used to using the system for the majority of your daily operating needs yet still have a Windows system to fall back on in case of compatibility issues with some interfacing devices such as GPS.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board