attached log

• karthik486
    RE: GCC cross compile tool
    Attached log
    Link to this post 26 Mar 13

Attached log

• karthik486
    RE: GCC cross compile tool
    I am to build GCC with these commands, but make install fails in GCC export CC="gcc -m64" export CXX="g++ -m64" mkdir binutils-build cd binutils-build ../binutils-2.23.52/configure --prefix=/home/karthik/Learn/arm-binutils --target=arm-eabi --enable-interwork --enable-multilib make all install export PATH="$PATH:/home/karthik/Learn/arm-binutils/bin" cd gcc-4.8.0 ./contrib/download_prerequisites cd .. mkdir gcc-arm-cross cd gcc-arm-cross ../gcc-4.8.0/configure \ --target=arm-eabi \ --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --build=x86_64-linux-gnu \ --with-gmp-version=4.3.2 --with-mpfr-version=2.4.2 --with-gcc-version=4.7.2 \ --disable-nls --disable-shared --disable-multilib \ --disable-decimal-float --disable-threads \ --disable-libmudflap --disable-libssp \ --disable-libgomp --enable-languages=c __________________________________________________________________________ Attached all log files make install fails with following log: chmod 644 /usr/local/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.8.0/libgcc.a arm-eabi-ranlib /usr/local/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.8.0/libgcc.a /bin/bash: arm-eabi-ranlib: command not found make[2]: *** [install-leaf] Error 127 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/karthik/Learn/gcc-arm-cross/arm-eabi/libgcc' make[1]: *** [install-target-libgcc] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/karthik/Learn/gcc-arm-cross' make: *** [install] Error 2
    Link to this post 26 Mar 13

I am to build GCC with these commands, but make install fails in GCC

export CC="gcc -m64"
    export CXX="g++ -m64"

mkdir binutils-build
    cd binutils-build

../binutils-2.23.52/configure --prefix=/home/karthik/Learn/arm-binutils --target=arm-eabi --enable-interwork --enable-multilib

make all install

export PATH="$PATH:/home/karthik/Learn/arm-binutils/bin"

cd gcc-4.8.0

./contrib/download_prerequisites

cd ..

mkdir gcc-arm-cross
    cd gcc-arm-cross

../gcc-4.8.0/configure \
    --target=arm-eabi \
    --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --build=x86_64-linux-gnu \
    --with-gmp-version=4.3.2 --with-mpfr-version=2.4.2 --with-gcc-version=4.7.2 \
    --disable-nls --disable-shared --disable-multilib \
    --disable-decimal-float --disable-threads \
    --disable-libmudflap --disable-libssp \
    --disable-libgomp --enable-languages=c

make install fails with following log:

chmod 644 /usr/local/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.8.0/libgcc.a
    arm-eabi-ranlib /usr/local/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.8.0/libgcc.a
    /bin/bash: arm-eabi-ranlib: command not found
    make[2]: *** [install-leaf] Error 127
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/karthik/Learn/gcc-arm-cross/arm-eabi/libgcc'
    make[1]: *** [install-target-libgcc] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/karthik/Learn/gcc-arm-cross'
    make: *** [install] Error 2

• karthik486
    GCC cross compile tool
    I am trying to create a GCC cross compile tool for arm usin GCC-4.8.0 but I am getting build errors. I need some guidance with creating the cross compile tool chain. Ubuntu 12.10 Steps I followed: 1: Download GCC-4.8 from gcc-gnu.org and untar it 2: From GCC-4.8 folder I downloaded the prerequisities with command below ./contrib/download_prerequisites 3: then from a build folder I configured it using below command ../gcc-4.8.0/configure --target=arm-eabi \ --with-mode=thumb --enable-languages=c,c++ \ --with-arch=armv5te 4: make but the build fails. Can anyone point me to the correct configuration to create a cross compiler for ARM A9/A15
    Link to this post 24 Mar 13

I am trying to create a GCC cross compile tool for arm usin GCC-4.8.0 but I am getting build errors. I need some guidance with creating the cross compile tool chain.

Ubuntu 12.10

Steps I followed:

1: Download GCC-4.8 from gcc-gnu.org and untar it

2: From GCC-4.8 folder I downloaded the prerequisities with command below
    ./contrib/download_prerequisites

3: then from a build folder I configured it using below command
    ../gcc-4.8.0/configure --target=arm-eabi \
    --with-mode=thumb --enable-languages=c,c++ \
    --with-arch=armv5te

4: make

but the build fails.

Can anyone point me to the correct configuration to create a cross compiler for ARM A9/A15

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board